Changing runway causes CTD

Flying the CRJ700 SP1 SLC-LAX with this route ARCHZ1 WINEN LAKRR Q88 HAKMN ANJLL3. I had programmed ILS24L but wanted to land ILS25L. Going into DEP/ARR and selecting ILS25L causes the sim to crash with no error or warning, just freezes and closes the sim. Each time I load the autosave and try it again it still crashes. At this point in the flight I was between SHTNR and SMASH at FL380. I've attached the flightplan from simbrief as well. Using navigraph 1807 on simbrief as well as in the CRJ. Running AS16 live weather mode in P3D v4.3.

KSLCKLAX.flp

Same thing happened to me flying into Pensacola. I had to switch runways. Working the FMC the sim froze and crashed. I checked the event viewer and it was a unknown P3D.exe error. I also used a Simbrief flight plan. Since then I manually load my FP and leave off the arrival until the last minute. 

• Developer

My usual answer to this kind of problem is "I flew the route but couldn't reproduce the problem". It's frustrating, but in 95% percent it's just like that. However, this time I've been lucky and the CRJ CTDs right between SHTNR (did they really name a waypoint after William Shatner?) and SMASH when I switch the runway and transition. It was quite easy to fix but there's a catch. SHTNR and SMASH are already part of the STAR and changing a runway causes the deletion of the Enroute-STAR-Transition, STAR, STAR-Approach-Transition and Approach-Transition under certain circumstances. It's possible that you need to re-select the STAR and transitions after changing the runway.

The fix will be available in a few days via the AS Updater. I have a few more things to look into first.

Archived