For the love of me I can't figure this out

Frafty

Calling bus experts on the checklist! There are three checklist items I can't figure out for the life of me:

• Cockpit Flight Recorder (I hear the noise the F/O makes when toggling it, but I don't know where in the flightdeck it is to toggle!)
  • ATC (Same thing. When the F/O calls for ATC, I hear the switch move, but don't know where the switch is).
  • Rudder Trim (For this one, I know to move the trim wheel in accordance to what the load sheet says. In this particular case, it said 0.4UP, so I moved it to that observing the trim reading on the FCTL page, but nothing...Pilot Flying didn't confirm it, so I'm wondering where I'm missing it on that too...)

Additionally...anyone know how to start a checklist over? I accidentally triggered it with the hotkey...

Any guidance would be super helpful! Also, I'm a visual learner. :DD

At. Is turning on the transponder to On. It’s next to the TA/RA Section. 

Rudder trim I move all the way back and then to the position I want. 

And Cockpit Voice Recorder I still can’t find so I bypass it until I work out where it is. If you do please let me know. 

Cheers. Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Frafty said:

• Cockpit Flight Recorder 

Please login to display this image.

• ATC 

• Rudder Trim 

Thanks a ton for this! For the trim, I meant pitch trim, sorry! I'm turning the pitch trim to match what's in the loadsheet, but no response there from the PM. 

I did, but it wasn't helpful, ergo why I'm asking. The manual in this aspect is pretty unhelpful, as it just says "The copilot moves this." That's it. I think it's a malfunction with the check list, if anything. I can see it set correctly, but the PM doesn't acknowledge it. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Frafty said:

I did, but it wasn't helpful, ergo why I'm asking. The manual in this aspect is pretty unhelpful, as it just says "The copilot moves this." That's it. I think it's a malfunction with the check list, if anything. I can see it set correctly, but the PM doesn't acknowledge it. 

Pitch trim setting has to match with the setting in loadsheet and PERF Takeoff Page.

You can check the trim wheel setting via ECAM F/CTL.

Not every people like to use the automated loadsheet instead the prefer to typing in the required date manuell.

If you not use the loadsheet and try to typing in manuell the Trim value in MCDU3 it does not work. There is no change possible. 
If the checklist comes to that point and you set the correct Trim value (from 0.8 to 1.1 for example) via ECAM F/CTL the checklist do not recognise these change.

You have to use "Skip item".

This is the same behavior as in the old 32bit Version.

Archived