P3Dv4.3 Update from 4.2

I could not find info about this so I am asking here.  

I see SP1 for CRJ requires P3Dv4.3.  My question is about updating from v4.2 to 4.3. 

Can that be done with just the Client update or does it also require the update to Content?

I assume the answer will also apply to the new Airbus Pro release. 

I am still running my sim on Win7 so hope this SP1 for CRJ will still work there.

I am holding off my purchase for v4.3 until I know it will work on Win7.

Thanks,

Jerry

Win7 64-bit works with P3D v4.3 very well. And the bus pro works like a charm.

If you've purchased the 4.2 version, you can go to your Prepar3D account and download the 4.3 update. No cost. Make sure you download the full package. Then, uninstall client 4.2 via the 'control panel/uninstall a program' and install the 4.3 client from the 4.3 package.

Thanks for your note Andrew.  So I can confirm this in my mind - you have the new bus pro working in Win7 now?

When you did the 4.3 update to P3D did you ONLY do the Client files, nothing else?

It is good to know the bus pro does work in Win7 64bit.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I can confirm both. The Bus Pro works very well with Win7 64bit. And I only updated the client to 4.3.

I should mention that I have the Academic version of P3D.

I also use OrbFx sceneries with no issues (base, vector, lights, libraries, openLC Europe, Germany North & South, England & a couple of airports) as well.

Please login to display this image.

29 minutes ago, HondaJet said:

Thank you very much Andrew.  I have all the same things as you do, perfect fit.

There is a bus pro in my future now thanks to you.

Jerry

You won't be disappointed with this one.

• Developer

Due to several bad experiences with the "Client-only" upgrade, we (Aerosoft and myself) do NOT recommend to do it this way! Means: during tests of the A318/A319 and CRJ SP1 we had multiple occurences where inexplicable issues only happened to single users which could be solved by doing a full upgrade to P3D 4.3. You can try client-only, but if you experience "strange stuff", you know what to do.

I updated from 4.2 to 4.3 using the “client” and “content” installers, but not the “scenery” installer, and all has been working well with my complex add-ons, including the CRJ.

If you do a partial install of 4.3 using only client or content, it is extremely important to delete your prepar3d.cfg file and let the sim build a new one.

Before upgrading, go into the various options and setup screens and make note of all your settings for graphics, weather etc, since deleting the CFG file will set everything back to initial defaults.

I'm away from my sim computer for another week, so I won't be able to try the sp1 for awhile.  I am concerned that client only upgrades are now frowned upon here, as that has worked great with all my other addon planes, utilities, etc...  I have too many add-ons including scenery where a complete P3D reinstall is out of the question, and I won't do that even if I have to say goodbye to the CRJ.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, Hans recommendation is the safe way, cause we have seen too many people messing up there P3D with wrong upgrade installations, applying all kind of tweaks and so on.

I myself also did only a client upgrade, while content and scenry are even still on 4.0. And I have no problem. Maybe I simply stciked to the rules, no fancy tweaks or whatever.

And as most recent sceneries are using the new install methode which makes reinstall unnecessary, it also shouldnt be a big problem.

vor 16 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Well, Hans recommendation is the safe way, cause we have seen too many people messing up there P3D with wrong upgrade installations, applying all kind of tweaks and so on.

I myself also did only a client upgrade, while content and scenry are even still on 4.0. And I have no problem. Maybe I simply stciked to the rules, no fancy tweaks or whatever.

And as most recent sceneries are using the new install methode which makes reinstall unnecessary, it also shouldnt be a big problem.

Glad the client update was sufficient for you, as I hope it will be for me.  One side question...should previously saved flights work with the SP1?  I'm thinking probably not and will need to delete those.

Archived