CFM Engines

Deniz Sarper

I just ecognized when i move the throttel it takes some time for the engines to regonise when i put it like to 30 % it takes 10-15 second then they react firstly is this normal or is that a wrong behaivour ???

example when i want to start for taxi i have 20 % normal idle then i push the throttel like to 30 % thats takes 10-15 sec and then it reaches very fast then i go back to idle and when i want to increase the speed again it's the same situation again the hole flight by iae enginse it works fabulas and i don't have the problem there

I get this too, i think the spool up time on the cfm needs to be tweaked. setting 50% N1 during the t/o sequence, it takes at least 5-10 seconds for the engines to respond, and when they do it shoots up to 50% very rapidly

Same here.

When i want to taxi and move my lever at about 30 % N1 it takes some time until the engines really spool up.
Same happens when i am on the runway in order to depart and give about 50 % N1 thrust... there's some sort of delay there.

I will make a YT video about this and add it to this post in about 3 hours. (i am on a flight right now :) )

A long time to respond can be absolutely normal. Even as long as you see it in our Airbus.

When I did my first flight in a real jet the left engine stabilised at the intermideate power setting we use for runup already while the other hadn't even reacted at all yet and was still at IDLE. Things like this happen, that's why you set an intermittent thrust setting first at all and don't push them directly to TOGA.

We will make them a bit more responsive for you guys though, it seems that simmers love their engines freshly out of maintenance ;) 

I just want to confirm the behaviour to clarify with you what I'm seeing. When the throttles are moved forwards from idle there is absolutely zero response from the engines for 6-10 seconds, then a quick spool up to the throttle position. It does NOT spool up very slowly.

Thanks.

Phil

Archived