Just installed SP1 and I cannot get the CRJ to start up

I uninstalled my previous installation of the CRJ, and installed it again, after a fresh download off the Aerosoft website. When I load up the aircraft, I cannot seem to access the Dave panel, in order to set the aircraft state.

Do I need to delete some aircraft config file, from the previous CRJ's installation?

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

Do you use a saved flight which already includes the CRJ?

Negative, and I even just tried a reset, followed by the selection of a CRJ model. The Dave panel is black, and the power button on it's right, is doing nothing. I am on P3Dv4.

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Are the yokes fully deflected to the left and all the screens black?

Not seeing the yokes deflected to the left, but all screens are black. What's weird, is that if I click the FMS screen, for example, they seem to all turn on, and the Dave panel eventually turns on too. However, none of its blue options are clickable. After a while, the Dave panel turns back off again.

I just tried loading the P3D default flight, btw, in order to fully cover the question you asked above. Didn't make a difference.

• Developer

Can you check your framerate? Is it possible that it's really low like 1 or 2 fps? Your description looks like that things are technically working, only very very slow.

vor 2 Minuten, OnCourse sagte:

Not seeing the yokes deflected to the left, but all screens are black. What's weird, is that if I click the FMS screen, for example, they seem to all turn on, and the Dave panel eventually turns on too. However, none of its blue options are clickable. After a while, the Dave panel turns back off again.

I just tried loading the P3D default flight, btw, in order to fully cover the question you asked above. Didn't make a difference.

What version of P3D do you have?

6 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you check your framerate? Is it possible that it's really low like 1 or 2 fps? Your description looks like that things are technically working, only very very slow.

I have a pretty solid rig, including a 1080Ti, so I don't think this is an FPS issue. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing, including the FPS display in the top left.

5 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

What version of P3D do you have?

P3Dv4

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

To be honest, I have no clue what might be wrong there. I never heard about such an issue before.

Did you do a full 4.3 install or did you just update the client?

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

To be honest, I have no clue what might be wrong there. I never heard about such an issue before.

Did you do a full 4.3 install or did you just update the client?

The previous installation of the CRJ was at least starting up, so why would it suddenly stop working? This makes no sense to me as well.

I just started a new flight with the PMDG 737, and everything is working great, so again, I don't think this has to do with my rig, or my installation of P3D.

Update: It turns out that I apparently do NOT have P3Dv4.3 ... wow. Not sure why this is the case, since I definitely ran the installer for the upgraded version. Looks like the issue is with me, and the ticket can be closed, thanks.

• Developer

The previous version of the CRJ was built with the 4.2 SDK tools and the PMDG 737 probably with 4.0 SDK tools. The new version of the CRJ was built with 4.3 SDK tools. This is a bit like trying to compare apples and oranges here.

It wouldn't be the first time that we come across issues with "client-only" upgrade path (that some websites wrongly advertise would work). That was the reason why I was asking. If it was a common problem with the CRJ, I'm sure one of the SP1 testers would come across it. This is really something uncommon that happens here.

• Developer
vor 1 minute, OnCourse sagte:

Update: It turns out that I apparently do NOT have P3Dv4.3 ... wow

You won't believe how happy that makes me :). There's nothing worse than problems that can't be fixed. Thanks for letting us know!

Archived