Dustice

[Added] NAV-to-NAV transfer function

Hi,

just curious what it means exactly? That i dont need to change Nav Mode to LOC on approach?

Pretty much, yes.

If you get into the terminal area of the arrival airport, the FMS will tune the ILS frequency on NAV1 and NAV2. Once you are on final approach, you just need to activate APPR, and the nav source will switch automatically.

• Like 1

Wait, is this some customer option? Because as far as I know the real CRJ9 doesnt do that. There's a reason for the nav source selector, let alone the common TR with the CRJ2.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Wait, is this some customer option? Because as far as I know the real CRJ9 doesnt do that. There's a reason for the nav source selector, let alone the common TR with the CRJ2.

I maintain two CRJ-200s that both have NAV-to-NAV. As Hans said, the capability comes with FMS software version 4.2. I don't know how many r/w operators have it , but I have a feeling it's pretty common. We added the capability to our aircraft at the same time we upgraded to add ADSB.

Jim Barrett

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No customer option. It's part of FMS version 4.2.

I can't tell you how happy I am that you added this feature. I noticed it right away on my first flight THANK YOU!