Weird behavior after pushback

afjcashman

I was working through the step by step tutorial last night and all went well until I tried to taxi after the pushback;

The plane would not steer initially then began to roll slowly backwards!

Tried applying full thrust; got all the noise and engine displays showed full forward thrust but to no avail.

ECAM showed NWS was disconnected, tried all settings and re connection but still the plane would not turn (and was still going slowly backwards!)

Externally all control surfaces moved in sync with my Joystick, but not the rudder???? Checked the mapping in the option menu and Y axis was set correctly.

Eventually had to concede defeat and close P3D.

Will try and do again this evening and see if the problem repeats, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi, are you using EZDOK camera? I have seen some issues with EZDOK which can show this kind of behaviour if EZDOK is not updated properly for your simulator version.

Check the EZDOK forum for details on this kind of problems if you indeed have EZDOK.

Just a little to add here... When the aircraft is in pushback, pilot input is completely disabled as is directional (even forward movement).  Think of this like a pushback tug is attached to the aircraft and even with thrust applied one isn't going to move the aircraft.  Those using GSX will see a pushback bug, but some other types of pushback do not provide the visual of the tug.

Best wishes!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Retried the flight again over the weekend and the problem did'nt repeat itself, so i am just putting it down to some sort of software 'glitch' for now.

Just a couple of other bugs appeared on this flight: 

1) MCDU lost all the flightplan data once at the runway threshold, not a big issue and fixed by just re-entering the data.

2) cant seem to enter a distance on the push-back menu. I might be missing something or perhaps another 'glitch'?

Archived