MCDU on External Device

Woodrow

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. I've done everything from the 1st post that's now closed however I'm still not getting this working on my iPad. Any updates yet. 

Many thanks

Mark

Woodrow: I had the same problem. After trying out some possible solutions (different browsers, firewall on/off ....) as Mathijs suggests in previous post to that subject, there was no solution of the problem. Ultimately  I launched the "Connection Servers" as Admin an surprisingly every thing is doing well. Firewall on or off makes no different

(using iPad Air and Safari Browser as mobile device)

Maybe this is helpful for you.

Thomas

22 hours ago, Spindoctor said:

Woodrow: I had the same problem. After trying out some possible solutions (different browsers, firewall on/off ....) as Mathijs suggests in previous post to that subject, there was no solution of the problem. Ultimately  I launched the "Connection Servers" as Admin an surprisingly every thing is doing well. Firewall on or off makes no different

(using iPad Air and Safari Browser as mobile device)

Maybe this is helpful for you.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the post. When you say you launched connection servers as admin, what do you mean. Is that right clicking and running the apps as admin or is there another part of Windows not connected with Aerosoft that you ran. 

Thanks Thomas

Mark

Well, I have the same problem, discussed here:

I tried everything, run the tool as Admin, disabled Firewall and Antivirus, opened all ports, still no connect. No idea, what else could be tried.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, have you tried this:

first: load P3Dv4 and the Bus

second: you can now start connectPro

third: now try to connect with you Browser/device

vor 13 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Ok, have you tried this:

first: load P3Dv4 and the Bus

second: you can now start connectPro

third: now try to connect with you Browser/device

Yes, that's the way I do it. No joy....

I accept, that it is only affecting some users, but the points made (Firewall(s), Wireless Network(s), Antivirus etc. have all been checked. it simply doesn't work. Nevertheless, any idea what else I could try are appreciated!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gunter, did you check whether the ext MCDU opens in a browser on the same machine where your P3D runs?

Ja, thanks Otto, I did that numerous times, even turned Firewall and AV off, no luck.

Not a big problem though, I'm enjoying the Airbus very much, even without the MCDU on my external device.

Update:

After the latest Update and adding /MCDU behind the given numbers, the MCDU works on my iPhone and iPad.

One issue, however, remains: I misspelled the departure airport which resulted correctly in an "not in database" error. This error resulted in the MCDU on the iPad to become unresponsive. The MCDU in the aircraft worked ok.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi means, when entering the IP adress like 198.178.168.42:4040 /MCDU

This is the same, when you enter it with out this and then click in the Upcoming screen on the link "MCDU". But when you even do not get to this step, it might be worth a try.

vor 4 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Hi means, when entering the IP adress like 198.178.168.42:4040 /MCDU

This is the same, when you enter it with out this and then click in the Upcoming screen on the link "MCDU". But when you even do not get to this step, it might be worth a try.

Exactly! And it worked for me.

On 24.7.2018 at 10:04, Woodrow sagte:

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the post. When you say you launched connection servers as admin, what do you mean. Is that right clicking and running the apps as admin or is there another part of Windows not connected with Aerosoft that you ran. 

Thanks Thomas

Mark

Hi Mark,

right as you say, only right clicking and run  as admin. I  was suprised the MCDU was running.

No there was no nee to start other parts of Windows 10

Befor that little change, the iPad was connect but the MCDU screen was black and not working. The connection works, i can pause and unpause the simulator only MCDU wasn´t working.

i don´t know the relation of this.

Thomas

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Hope all is well. I'm making progress and can now get this connecting. I have a question. My external MCDU can input data into the flight deck MCDU however the image on the iPad doesn't change. It has a screen showing arrival to and from EGCC regardless of where I am. Is this correct. 

On a side note. Thanks Aerosoft. The bus is everything someone with the time available to fly wants. I think it's even starting my 9 year old daughter on a path to an aviation career. 

Hi Mathijs. 

Yes correct. The iPad display doesn’t match the sim. The keys work and transfer the data to the sim but I have to look at the sim to see what is being typed. Any ideas.  

Thanks. Mark

Archived