Black paper and black overhead issues night

Best all,

Aerosoft A318 and A319 is a very realistic addon and for sure one which can't miss in the simulators these days. But, I'm getting issues. The overhead has no texture during the night and the ground paper between the thrust levers is also black. The addon is installed in: E: P3Dv4 addons: Aerosoft A318-A319. This didn't do the trick.
Reinstalling the aircraft didn't do the trick, reinstalling/repairing P3D client didn't do the trick and bring back original P3D shaders didn't do it as well. I don't know what to do. Do you?

I hope to hear something from you guys.

Dear regards

Please login to display this image.

P3D has a 256 character file address limit, it's possible these files have longer names and in conjunction with your Windows username the address of those texture files is exceeding that limit. The fix would be to install to a different location with a shorter address.

Or the files could simply be missing.

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

P3D has a 256 character file address limit, it's possible these files have longer names and in conjunction with your Windows username the address of those texture files is exceeding that limit. The fix would be to install to a different location with a shorter address.

Or the files could simply be missing.

I did it, I installed to disk E. Direct, so not via other maps.. So that didn't do the trick. Which files is important for these textures?

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The files can't be missing otherwise the installer will have reported that. Almost certainly the 256 character issue. We have reported that to Lockheed.

It is not that issue, because I had to installed it to a different disk (E) not via a map or something. Just direct. The Windows name is very short, 4 characters. So that problem is also not the thing. What can it be else?

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmmm, then you have something I have not seen yet. Can you give me the complete path name to one of the aircraft texture files?

See attached file. Can you please check?

I didn't see it mentioned yet in this thread... so I just wanted to be sure that after installation you deleted you P3D Shaders folder and relaunched P3D (which rebuilds the Shaders).

The location of the P3D Shaders folder is:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

If the above doesn't work, I would try updating your graphics driver, deleteing the shader file again, and loading P3D.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I didn't see it mentioned yet in this thread... so I just wanted to be sure that after installation you deleted you P3D Shaders folder and relaunched P3D (which rebuilds the Shaders).

The location of the P3D Shaders folder is:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

If the above doesn't work, I would try updating your graphics driver, deleteing the shader file again, and loading P3D.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Updated the graphics driver, delete the shader file again and loading P3D don't do the trick. Still the same issue. I don't know what to do more...

Okay, my suggestion was just to ensure that had been done.

Please provide Mathijs with the path to the aircraft files (see his post above).

In addition, would you please provide a complete list of system specs?

Also, are you using EZDOC or any program which installs custom shaders(TomatoeShade, PTA, etc.)? 

• Aerosoft

That path can't be the problem, short enough. For some reason your P3D can't show these textures as it does for all other people. The ONLY other similar issues were all related to that path issue and are all solved as far as we know.

I know this is very nasty advise but we are 100% sure that if you fully delete the sim and install it again correctly all will work.

I just want to add a little clarification to what Mathjis said.

He said "delete", but what he really meant was to UNINSTALL the sim using the P3D uninstaller, then reboot, then reinstall, start P3D (don't launch into the aircraft), then reboot, then try the Airbus again. All your XML based addons will be there for you after you reinstall, including the Airbus.

The above procedure should take you less than 20 minutes unless you have to download P3DV4.3 all over again.. then add one extra hour (depending on your Internet Speed).

39 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, my suggestion was just to ensure that had been done.

Please provide Mathijs with the path to the aircraft files (see his post above).

In addition, would you please provide a complete list of system specs?

Also, are you using EZDOC or any program which installs custom shaders(TomatoeShade, PTA, etc.)? 

i7 7700K 4.8GHZ, GTX 1070 8 GB, 16 GB RAM and Win10. I am using PTA that is the only one. No EZDOC.

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That path can't be the problem, short enough. For some reason your P3D can't show these textures as it does for all other people. The ONLY other similar issues were all related to that path issue and are all solved as far as we know.

I know this is very nasty advise but we are 100% sure that if you fully delete the sim and install it again correctly all will work.

Yes understood. But I reinstalled several times (delete the client and installed the client again) that didn't work.

24 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just want to add a little clarification to what Mathjis said.

He said "delete", but what he really meant was to UNINSTALL the sim using the P3D uninstaller, then reboot, then reinstall, start P3D (don't launch into the aircraft), then reboot, then try the Airbus again. All your XML based addons will be there for you after you reinstall, including the Airbus.

The above procedure should take you less than 20 minutes unless you have to download P3DV4.3 all over again.. then add one extra hour (depending on your Internet Speed).

So that didn't do the trick as well. Nothing more haha? This is weird, all my other aircrafts has zero issues, only this. And it is only during night time. I got the normal texture during day time.

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

We have seen MANY times that just doing the client causes issues. We seen that with the DC8, CRJ and certainly now.

What should we do now?

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Install the sim correctly as we advised above.

Check, I got only updated P3Dv4.3 only the client. Scenery and content are still on 4.1 and the P3D program (35.7GB thing) is still 4.0, has it to do something with that be Honest?

1 hour ago, Hello1 said:

Check, I got only updated P3Dv4.3 only the client. Scenery and content are still on 4.1 and the P3D program (35.7GB thing) is still 4.0, has it to do something with that be Honest?

That is certainly possible. You're running behind on several important changes to the other versions.  We've seen the sim run correctly with the client on 4.3 and all other components on 4.2, but I'm not aware of any testing for 4.1 or 4.0 components so you're breaking (pun intended) new group here!

I'd uninstall and reinstall the sim as Mathijs suggested.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That is certainly possible. You're running behind on several important changes to the other versions.  We've seen the sim run correctly with the client on 4.3 and all other components on 4.2, but I'm not aware of any testing for 4.1 or 4.0 components so you're breaking (pun intended) new group here!

I'd uninstall and reinstall the sim as Mathijs suggested.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Ok, I reinstall everything during the night and tested, still not working. To bad, spend to much time to fix but still no solution. I really don't know what to do next. Can you show me how it looks at your Airbus A319 during the night, the overhead and the thrustlevers. Is it the same or?

Archived