SP1 closes the 32 bit development

• Aerosoft

As the topic states, the SP1 version that is at this moment going through the last tests will be the last new version for 32 bit simulators. Of course major bugs will still be addressed but no new functionality will not be added. The reason for this is two fold, the 32bit commercial market is drying up very fast and the 64bit market is rapidly developing. Next to that it is hard to create an attractive product under the limitations of the 32bit environment. 

Note that the 64 bit SP1 version is compiled with the new compilers (that's why it needs P3D v4.3 and is not compatible with older versions), thus being able to use the major advantages of those models. All praise to Lockheed for keeping the development of P3D on the front burner!

• Aerosoft

CFD is planned for SP2, as this is a development next to the bus it could happen at the same time. CFD development is planned to be on full blast development second week of August.  (as you see we don't take it easy this summer).

TrueGlass might be included, not 100% sure on that. Some alternatives are coming online soon.

18 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

CFD is planned for SP2, as this is a development next to the bus it could happen at the same time. CFD development is planned to be on full blast development second week of August.  (as you see we don't take it easy this summer).

TrueGlass might be included, not 100% sure on that. Some alternatives are coming online soon.

I´m glad to see this news. 

If true glass can be added, I will beg for other alternatives as is a nice detail to se.

Thanks for all your hard work. 

cheers

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Next to that it is hard to create an attractive product under the limitations of the 32bit environment

No offense but.... Since about 1980 FS was 32-bit and during those 35 years each and every developer/publisher (incl AS) did a great job in creating attractive products.
But I fully understand the decision nevertheless. 

Sorry, but you sold it for FSX and P3D for the same money, and now you say for FSX its over.

This is not ok, this is a diskrimantion for the fsx-user.
I spend a lot of money in mein flightsim with FSX and I'm not able to spend this amount in P3D.

Aerosoft, with this, you are cicking in your own goal.

By.

• Developer
vor 51 Minuten, Dirk.M sagte:

Sorry, but you sold it for FSX and P3D for the same money, and now you say for FSX its over.

I spend a lot of money in mein flightsim with FSX and I'm not able to spend this amount in P3D.

By.

It's quite simple. New developments are in many cases based on new features that simply do not exist in FSX. It's 2018... FSX is 13 years old now. Time to get used to the fact that life goes on.

3 hours ago, Dirk.M said:

By.

This is a really odd comment. For a kick off, the product will still work in FSX. So what's the problem? It's not like they are trying to take it off you. 64 bit is the future. Get used to it. From reading your post, I'm reading it, you come across as "jealous". It seems that you want all the enhancements that are only possible for a 64 bit platform and your 13 year old 32 bit platform.

Look at it this way: Microsoft stopped mainstream support for windows 7 over 3 years ago, and all extended support will cease in 2020. It's called moving with the times. Would you expect Microsoft to still be supporting Windows XP? Of course you wouldn't. Also, would you expect developers to create software with Windows XP in mind? Again, of course you wouldn't. This is how life works. We move forward, and sometimes we pay money to do so. It's a fact of life.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:25 AM, Dirk.M said:

By.

HOPE SO... by lowering their future development costs, this helps to keep future prices stable.  very wise move from a wise company :coffee_s:

On 7/18/2018 at 12:25 PM, Dirk.M said:

By.

Look I was in the same situation about you. with FSX i spent over more 600 euros in the last 5 years in addons hardware and that stuff. All my friends were saying move to P3D its the future and refused to do it because of the same fact that you, why i have to spend the same money on similar 32 bit simulator. but when P3DV4 (64bit) was released I felt that officially FSX was going to take the place that fs2004 took at that moment. And i was ok, faster than i thought developers began to make the decision

to don't make the FSX version. 

So this Christmas I bought P3DV4, to be honest:

A lot of developers make a discount to you if you are an older owner of the 32 version. Look aerosoft you can upgrade a lot of airports for only 6 euros, (la Palma, Frankfurt, El Hierro) that's a gift. Look the Airbus i paid the 50% of the amount. The same happens to ASCA of AS16. Majestic the same. Carenado even the update it's free. And a lot of airports that you use in fsx can be loaded in P3DV4 (without the new features) but they are usable. believe that you will lose only the 40% of the addons you had in FSX. And the best news is that you can have both simulators installed. As I have and sometimes I fly with FSX.

P3DV4 cost 60 euros with is not bad for the product it is. 

Don't be afraid to do the change, i was and i realized that was stupid to be afraid.

My recommendation is to move P3DV4, its no so hard and money effort as you believe. 

8 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

.....P3DV4 cost 60 euros with is not bad for the product it is..... 

Only if you qualify for the academic license and many people do not.  For those it's about three times that price and that's one reason why I've not changed from FSX:SE.

Andy L

39 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

A lot of developers make a discount to you if you are an older owner of the 32 version. Look aerosoft you can upgrade a lot of airports for only 6 euros, (la Palma, Frankfurt, El Hierro) that's a gift. Look the Airbus i paid the 50% of the amount. The same happens to ASCA of AS16. Majestic the same. Carenado even the update it's free. And a lot of airports that you use in fsx can be loaded in P3DV4 (without the new features) but they are usable. believe that you will lose only the 40% of the addons you had in FSX. And the best news is that you can have both simulators installed. As I have and sometimes I fly with FSX.

P3DV4 cost 60 euros with is not bad for the product it is. 

Don't be afraid to do the change, i was and i realized that was stupid to be afraid.

My recommendation is to move P3DV4, its no so hard and money effort as you believe. 

Saying you will lose "only 40%" of your add-ons is probably very conservative - at least it was in my case.  I believe I had to pay for only 3-4 upgrades - out of maybe 60 or 70 total pay titles.  Generally, the scenery updates were free; the costs were mostly incurred by utility-type add-ons such as FSUIPC5, ActiveSky, etc.  Of course, this isn't counting the packages where compatibility was added in a new version (such as the A320 Professional), but even then there weren't very many.  Bear in mind that since P3D4 was released I wouldn't buy any add-ons unless they were fully compatible, even though I was only running FSX.

I didn't plan to be fully upgraded by now myself, but here we are.  I even just this past week abandoned an incredibly stable FSX platform to a Windows reinstall - reinstalling one sim is annoying enough, let alone two.  So as a result I can't fly my jetBlue A320s for a few more weeks, but I think I can "suffer" with the NGX in the interim.

If you have the financial means, the move is obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda on the fence with this one,

normally I would acknowledge costs of producing a good product (software) in a limited market. this is not Minecraft or fortnite...

however the 800/900 has only recently been offered (from another house within Aerosoft it appears) and has suffered many glitches if the forum is to be seen.

it would seem inappropriate to not offer deals for the owners of the problematic 800/900 for the 64 bit.

but is the 64 bit any better? probably a better question

Niallkav

• 5 weeks later...
On 19.7.2018 at 13:54, Eduard Gasull sagte:

Sorry, but why "move" ?

In my rig, both FSX and P3D work very well in parallel (poem ;-)

So I use the advantages of P3D, for example CRJ in 64bit with new functions - but don't lose older airplanes/airports that can't be converted.

Today, disk space shouldn't be an issue...

• 1 year later...

So version 1.2.3.0 for FSX is the last one, no bugfixes then?
What about an update for the issue of panels and not being able to start the aircraft
See Hans post July 1

And regarding FSX vs P3D the answer is FS 2020

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Yes. I didn't see it. Sorry. I'm working on another update for the Pro version which fixes a few things that also concern the CRJ700/900X. So, I want to apply the fixes to the "old" version too. That's the reason why it hasn't been released yet.

• 5 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 8:09 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Yes. I didn't see it. Sorry. I'm working on another update for the Pro version which fixes a few things that also concern the CRJ700/900X. So, I want to apply the fixes to the "old" version too. That's the reason why it hasn't been released yet.

Hans,

Now that the SP for the pro version is out can we expect the SP for the non-Pro (32-bit) version soon?

Andy L

Archived