10,000 feet seatbelt action

Couldn't think of the right title to put so bare with me.  Basically I have noticed when using the copilot/checklist function, when passing 10,000 feet climbing, the seat belt and no electronic device switches are switched at the same time, this causes the hostess announcements to play at the same time and overlap each other.

On the same subject of the seatbelt sign at 10,000 feet while climbing....  Can the seatbelt sign setting just be removed from the checklist at that point?  The PED switch is fine, but being forced to turn off the seatbelt sign at 10,000 feet while in some nasty turbulence would lead to injuries and lawsuits in real life i'd think :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but we will not remove the SEATBELT SIGNS from the CL when passing 10.000 feet. This is common procedure ...... and maybe in 99,9 % of all cases this is correct........ Did you try to switch it ON again manually in such a case you are talking about? But who then takes care that those are switched off when the situation has changed back to normal?

Regards,

Rolf

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 9:11 AM, Hanse said:

I also recognized this and it will be fixed with the next hotfix .......

Hi Hanse, I noted even now this still isn't fixed.  have just done a flight and at 10,000ft both switches were switched at the same time and both wave files played at the same time so overlapped.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The setting of the switches is not the trigger for playing the wave files but the altitude. If at those altitudes a lot of other things are going on, then those files are delayed and played after the other actions have been completed. I alredy added a delay but in some very few circumstances this might be enough. But if I add too much delay then in a normal case those two calls are coming too late. So you have to live with this ........Sorry Regards, Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Before passing 10.000 feet all approach preperations (inputting of MCDU data, Autobrake setting, briefing) should be finished. Therefor the autobrake will be set before passing 10.000. We can ofcourse debate at what altitude this should happen as to not cause overlapping announcments.

9 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Before passing 10.000 feet all approach preparations (inputting of MCDU data, Autobrake setting, briefing) should be finished. Therefor the autobrake will be set before passing 10.000. We can of course debate at what altitude this should happen as to not cause overlapping announcements.

Why need a debate Frank? You are a professional pilot and can easily share what is the common practice on board.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I implemented it before passing 10000 feet so that there is no overlapping with the actions done after passing 10000 feet .......The problem with the cabin lights crew announcements and the actions/calls when passing 10000 feet is that there maybe additional variable actions/calls like TA, distance to FCU ALT etc. which "shortens"  the time for to the announcements and are not able to be calculated because the cabin signs announcements are based on altitude. 

Regards,

Rolf

---------------Sprache erkennenAfrikaansAlbanischAmharischArabischArmenischAserbaidschanischBaskischBengalischBirmanischBosnischBulgarischCebuanoChinesisch (traditionell)Chinesisch (vereinfacht)DänischDeutschEnglischEsperantoEstnischFilipinoFinnischFranzösischGalicischGeorgischGriechischGujaratiHaiti-KreolischHaussaHawaiischHebräischHindiHmongIgboIndonesischIrischIsländischItalienischJapanischJavanischJiddischKannadaKasachischKatalanischKhmerKirgisischKoreanischKorsischKroatischKurdischLaotischLateinLettischLitauischLuxemburgischMadagassischMalaiischMalayalamMaltesischMaoriMarathiMazedonischMongolischNepalesischNiederländischNorwegischNyanjaPaschtuPersischPolnischPortugiesischPunjabiRumänischRussischSamoanischSchottisches GälischSchwedischSerbischShonaSindhiSinghalesischSlowakischSlowenischSomaliSpanischSuaheliSüd-SothoSundanesischTadschikischTamilTeluguThailändischTschechischTürkischUkrainischUngarischUrduUsbekischVietnamesischWalisischWeißrussischWestfriesischXhosaYorubaZuluDeutsThank you for your explanation (autobreak)

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Hanse said:

Sorry but we will not remove the SEATBELT SIGNS from the CL when passing 10.000 feet. This is common procedure ...... and maybe in 99,9 % of all cases this is correct........ Did you try to switch it ON again manually in such a case you are talking about? But who then takes care that those are switched off when the situation has changed back to normal?

Regards,

Rolf

Not common in the states however. American, Delta, United, JetBlue, to name a few, generally do not turn off the seatbelt signs until cruise altitude. Also generally, they come back on at TOD, not wait until passing FL100, although the emer exit signs do chime passing FL100.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not see any possibility to "connect" this feature to the plane used. Therefore I close this thread.

Regards 

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

But I had another idea how to seperate the two calls. The checklist update will be included in the update/hotfix .........

Regards,

Rolf

Archived