Climb performance/Engine types

starvip

Are the different subvariants ie CFM56 5B6,5B7,5B5 correctley modelled as they are displayed on the MCDU? I ask as my CFM A319 always seems to climb like a bat out of hell under 10,000ft...and I dont like to speak out other vendors but another well known  "bus" doesn't behave this way in identical conditions despite being modelled off of the most powerful CFM56 of the lot on the A319 with 27k?

I prefer to use the aerosoft one for various reasons....but being fully loaded busting out of airports at 5500fpm with a 22k  5B5 CFM56 on short sectors seems a bit strange...especially if the MCDU is showing the correct engine variant....Ive followed all instructions regarding installation and the bus flies very very well expect for its super sporty performance. 

Any help or info much appreciated. Great aircraft never the less and the performance to eye candy ratio in the sim is something to be proud of...never dips below 45fps :)

Miles 

Hi Miles,

what was your gross weight and what were the ambient conditions in this situation?
Could we also get some screenshots of such situations?

ZFW  54973 FUEL  4358  TOW  59331 

Weather 25010KT 9999 SCT030 19/11 Q1012

Shot up at 5500fpm at 250kts after the acceleration in CL and was still roughly 3900 until calming down at around FL200...winds were 20kts max 

The real A319 can easily achieve 5500fpm under the right conditions and weight. But at your weight although still 30K+ LBS under MTOW it probably shouldn't be that quick.

I wouldn't worry though. I'm confident AS is taking in all this feedback and will make the necessary adjustments. :)

A really good indicator and metric is the chrono time from spool up to reaching 10,000 ft above ground level. Under most conditions this should be between 4 and 5 minutes on the Airbus. But can be less when really light.

Time to cruise is another good metric as well.

Archived