Why the Stutters

Once again, thank you for a great addon to our aircraft hanger. I'm just wondering, WHY THE STUTTERS?

She flies like a dream and there is NOTHING wrong with the FPS performance. With a 4K monitor and FPS capped at 30 because of VSync it remains at 30 regardless of weather or airport scenery but the stutters, ai ai, especially when you fly with TrackIR. When you turn your head ever so gently it is jittery. Without TrackIR it is relatively smooth until you switch views OR when you turn the aircraft either in the air or on the ground. P3D at its best has these micro-pauses but somehow on my rig this Airbus has the stutters so frequent that if really spoils the fun flying it ... and no other aircraft in my hanger has this reaction.

• My rig: i7 7700 @4.2 with 32GB DDR4 and a 1080Ti on Win10x64
  • And prepar3d.cfg has no tweaks

• Aerosoft

A lot of the calculations are done on a frame by frame base so it would be caused by that. Nothing we can change about that, you could try to remove the locked fps as that is simply buggy in every version of the sims since FS2002. In P3d it is intended for professional rigs that need to run on 60 fps steady.

I run an i7-4770K at 4.5GHz along with a TrackIR and ChasePlane, and when I turn my head it's as smooth as can be.  I also run a 4K 55" monitor (with three other 23 inch monitors on the same GTX 1080).  As you are doing, I run P3D with unlimited frames, VSync and Triple Buffering on.  No manual tweaks to P3D or NVIDIA Inspector.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As you are doing, I run P3D with unlimited frames, VSync and Triple Buffering on.

For some reason that I haven't figured out yet, the unlimited option produces blurries. If I set it on 60 FPS the blurries are gone but the micro-stutters are back. But for now I keep it on 'unlimited' and just hit REFRESH SCENERY when the blurries get too much. The strange thing is that with all other complexed aircraft (PMDG, Q400, MadDog) there are no stutters due to the aircraft (i.e. turning or trackIR) and it's only now that it is so evident with the A319. Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall again and see if the knot gets untied. The only thing different is that I use EZCA but if that was the problem then it should have an effect on the other aircraft as well.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

you posted this in the Flight model forum. Are you sure it is related to that?

Really not sure where else as I was looking through all the sub folders and it didn't fit in between systems, modeling, or maybe it should go to 'everything else' ...? Ich weiß nicht.

Archived