MCDU PROG page and keypad

Pilot side pop up mcdu. the 2 and 3 on the keypad are not working for me. shows a click spot just wont type. PROG page possibly putting numbers in wrong order. at the weight in the pic should be OPT FL380 not FL308.

Please login to display this image.

56 minutes ago, matty260191 said:

Pilot side pop up mcdu. the 2 and 3 on the keypad are not working for me. shows a click spot just wont type. PROG page possibly putting numbers in wrong order. at the weight in the pic should be OPT FL380 not FL308.

Hi,

could you tell us the exact information you entered during your preflight setup so that we can try to recreate this issue? So far we did never encounter significantly incorrect OPT ALT predictions.

11 minutes ago, matty260191 said:

also just to add the approach phase doesn't automatically enable now at 15nm. is this correct we should manually enable it on approach.

It should activate automatically when passing the DECEL point, not at a specific distance (even though the DECEL point usually can be found around 15NM).

It didn't this flight and I entered all the correct ZFW/CG AND FUEL and it didn't happen on the flight before. This flight was updated to the 1.0.1.0 version. Ill be doing another later so will look out for the same issues. maybe just a glitch this flight.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

could you tell us the exact information you entered during your preflight setup so that we can try to recreate this issue? So far we did never encounter significantly incorrect OPT ALT predictions.

I dont think its incorrect per say but maybe miss writing the 2nd and 3rd digit as FL380 would make sense at the weight in the pic. it says FL308 instead. didn't have this issue last night only the flight i just completed.

The OPT level is dependant on many parameters, if you did a short flight for example it might offer a lower altitude which would result in less fuel burn.

That's why I asked for the full information you entered during pre flight as there are really lots of variables involved here.

strange issue on this flight.

at TO OPT=380

went up as usual during flight with fuel burn to 390

I am about to start decent in 80NM and it now says FL361.

nothing has changed at all so how is it possible

MAX REC=390 the whole flight

MCDU set up completely correct.

https://vatstats.net/flights/7772205

We're checking this out, could you give us your full flight plan so that we can try to replicate this?

on my current flight its happening again FL380 at takeoff as OPT then the closer I get it starts reducing the OPT FL which seems strange as I assumed it would only get better and higher as I burn fuel V1.0.1.0

• Deputy Sheriffs

OPT:

This  field  displays  the  optimum  flight  level  (in  green),  that  is  computed  based  on the current gross weight, cost index,  temperature and wind. This flight level requires a  5 min minimum cruise at a minimum cruise flight level  of  FL 100. It displays dashes if  an engine-out  is detected.

REC MAX:

This  field  displays the recommended maximum altitude  (in  magenta), that is computed  based on the current gross weight and  temperature. and  assuming that the anti-ice  is off. It  provides  the  aircraft  with  a  0.3 g  buffet margin, a minimum rate of climb at  MAX CL thrust,  and level flight at MAX CRZ thrust. This  field  is limited to FL 411. If one engine is out, this field displays the recommended maximum engine-out altitude, that is computed based  on  the long-range cruise speed  and  assuming that anti-ice is off.

Well thanks for your reply that not my question though if you read this post :0. I know what OPT is my friend but if its at FL380 at takeoff and I fly 3 hours it should Go up not reduce near the end of my cruise. I believe its a bug. My friend has also tried the same flight and noted the same happening and I will be looking at it on all my flights as I believe something is going wrong with its calculation towards the end of the cruise.

just done another flight now EGKK-EGPH at the start after engine start OPT=FL380. after getting airborne the same happens it reduces gradually over flight time. Can someone please tell me is it meant to decrease overtime? or is there in fact something wrong with the calculations. the MAX Rec is unaffected BTW

https://vatstats.net/flights/7779706

• 2 weeks later...

Archived