Same zoom for panel and exterior view

Juanjo

When I load any of the planes (A318 / 319) the zoom level that appears on the screen is 0.40 and if I want to see the landscape through the windshield in its real dimension, that is, with a zoom 1.0, every time I zoom both the instrument panel and the landscape are affected, so that the latter almost disappears.

In P3D and other aircraft, the zoom only affects the outside view.

How can I keep the view of the exterior landscape with a 1.00 zoom without affecting the dimensions of the instrument panel?

Thanks in advance.

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Thank you very much Mathijs for your answer.

I imagine you mean the aircraft.cfg parameter [VIEWS] /eyepoint, but in any case it always affects the view of the landscape and the instrument panel, which does not happen with any other plane in P3D because it only affects the first of them.

The zoom (keys +/- or SPACE + MOUSE WHEEL) only affects the landscape and never the instrument panel.

Best regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

For example, these two screenshots correspond to the BE58 standard of P3D and in them you can see that with the zoom at two different levels the instrument panel does not change in size ... only the landscape does.

Regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Please login to display this image.

I'm only guessing, but it may be because there is no 'true' 2D panel for the Bus. If I recall correctly the 2D Cockpit View is actually a Virtual Cockpit viewed from a predetmined position to make it look like a 2D panel view (the old Aersoft Airbus was the same I believe).  Therefore when you use the zoom, it is zooming the entire cockpit view just as with the VC. I think a True 2D panel view consists of 2 windows, one for the panel and one for the exterior, with the latter able to be zoomed.

Of course I may be completely wrong!

Thank you MerlynUK for your answer, I think you are right and I am afraid that has no solution, unless Aerosoft made some changes.

I have checked absolutely all the P3D standard airplanes, all the PMDG, Carenado, etc etc and in all of them the zoom affects only the landscape and never the instrument panel; this problem only happens in the Aerosoft airplanes and I thought that maybe  could be some solution, but I imagine that Aerosoft will not make modifications.

In my opinion, the landscape should always be in its natural size (100% = zoom 1.0) but if this is done, the size of the panel increases so much that it practically becomes invisible.

Unless Aerosoft makes any change, I am afraid that it will be necessary to look for another type of solution.

In any case, again, thank you very much for your response.

J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

I've unlocked this thread because I have a question for the OP.

In the Baron screen shots you're showing, it appears that 2d panels are being used and 2D panels this is the only time I've ever seen the zoom work the way you are describing.  To my knowledge, there is not way to manage the zoom as you're asking for when using a Virtual Cockpit.

Where they 2D panels in the screen shots?

I agree with you Dave, and I have never seen that in a virtual cockpit you can zoom independently between landscape and instrument panel.

At all times I have referred to 2D panels, in which we have generally had a fixed image of the instrument panel (according to the content of the panel.cfg) and we have been able to zoom (keys +/- or SPACE + MOUSE WHEEL ) on the landscape.

From my point of view and in 2D panels, it seems to me something more convenient that the view of the landscape is what a real pilot sees from his seat, zoom 1.0, keeping the instrument panel in its normal size.

If we consider that the Glareshield view is a kind of special 2D panel, that is why I started this comment, trying to find out if it was possible to achieve it.

In Glareshield the vision of the landscape and buildings, when there are them, is quite deformed with a quite reduced zoom (0.40) while the instrument panel has a very good presentation.

There are payware planes of another also important creator of airplanes for our simulators, that in the view that they call Cockpit View they do it, and it really is quite nice.

Of course you can always use the tools CTRL, Return, Backspace, SHIFT, SPACE BAR, Mouse and Mouse Wheel to place our instrument panel, but it is more complicated and the result is not better.

In any case this is simply the opinion of a fan of aerial simulation for many many years and that when almost reaches 80 years of age and more than 30 in this world our simulation, wanted to leave an idea over the table in case it could be useful.

Thank you very much and regards

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Archived