Seahawk & Jayhawk version 2.10

• Aerosoft

Sorry for the late update, but it is online now. When you buy Seahawk & Jayhawk X right now you will get version 2.10 installed. If you got version 2.00 you will find an update file on the FAQ/Update section as soon as you log on. Here is a list of what is new and updated. Do read on below that as we got some news there;

2.10 Major update

Ship issues

1) Xcraft has crash issue (solved)

2) LHD has blurry textures (solved)

3) LHD tractor has incorrect textures (solved)

4) LHD has some effects problems (solved)

5) LHD has deck problems (solved)

6) LHD has crash issue (partly solved)

7) Cutter has deck problems (solved)

8) LCS1 has deck issues (solved)

9) CG50 Valley has crash issue (solved)

10) LHD hard on fps (adapted, solid 20 fps possible now)

Shipyard issues

1) The F122 should be renamed to F220 (done)

2) BGL save path incorrect on Vista (done)

Model issues

1) The fuel switches (off/dir/xfeed) not logical (solved)

2) The rotor fold work has problems (solved)

3) The rotor (main and tail) animation too sharp (changed)

4) The power levers and collective animation wrong (partly solved)

Flight model issues

1) Helicopter can jump about (partly solved)

2) Slightly tail heavy (adapted)

3) Winch does not work (solved)

Not totally solved

- You can see some hopping of the helicopter (on ground) when the engine is running. This is a flight model issue. When we reduce it the correct damping on landing is not correct and we got unwanted effects the moment the rotors take up some of weight. See Plans below.

- We got a issue with the collective animation. It works on the systems of the developers, but not on mine. We are unsure what is causing this and we spend most of the weekend looking for a reason. I did not want to delay the release of this update for this open issue.

- The rotors still show a bit too clear on top rpm. This is caused by the complexity of the object. It just can not be animated fast enough to fully blur. Making a special bitmap that just shows a blur proved to be a bad solution. We have no idea how to animate an object that complex fast enough at this moment.

Not solved

- We have currently no idea why the PFD can show the incorrect long red bar under some conditions. We are discussing this issue with Microsoft and will investigate again with the full Service Pack 2. If you see the effect, just press [a] until you get to the same screen. It will now be initialized correctly.

Plans

As most will know, MS is adding new options for helicopters in the Acceleration addon. It is not totally clear however what functions will be part of FSX + SP2 and what functions will only work on systems that have Acceleration installed. We fully intend to update the Seahawk with the new options the moment it is clear what's possible. Right now it seems a bad choice to spend loads of effort on something that will be replaced by a flight model that will have many options we lack now. The Seahawk flies as real SH pilots expected it to be and the automated flight modes are really seriously good. At this moment I rather stick to what works and what has been proven by thousands of customers and dozens of reviewers.

Mathjis,

I am an owner of the Aerosoft Seahawk for FS2004. I am intersted in purchasing the FSX version. How much of a discount is there for those who enter their FS2004 Seahawk serial number? Also, is the original serial number usable or do we need to enter the really long serial number that Aerosoft issued for the newer FS2004 download link. The shorter one came with my 2005 purchase.

Thanks for all the great things you have brought to flightsiming,

Jim Wight

jwight@communityblood.org

• Aerosoft
Mathjis,

I am an owner of the Aerosoft Seahawk for FS2004. I am intersted in purchasing the FSX version. How much of a discount is there for those who enter their FS2004 Seahawk serial number? Also, is the original serial number usable or do we need to enter the really long serial number that Aerosoft issued for the newer FS2004 download link. The shorter one came with my 2005 purchase.

Thanks for all the great things you have brought to flightsiming,

Jim Wight

jwight@communityblood.org

The update price is 16.something Euro plus VAT when you are buying from in the EEC. And you will always need to enter the last code you received for this product to get the update price.

Hi Mathjis

A small update on the Coast Guard Cutter.

With crash detection enabled, You can land on the Cutter, but not take off again. Once You have climbed a few feet above the deck, You crash.

Wothan

Mathjis,

When will SIMMARKET receive version 2.10 :?:

(Note I purchased from SIMMARKET because that's where I purchased the FS2004 Boxer package from in order to receive the discounted price)

Thanks...

mathjis,

did you see my post about the side view mirrors?

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...asc&start=0

Was wondering if anyone else sees what im seeing i have seen a screenshot and very small part of the mirror was visable from someone over at SOH and think I'm not alone on this one(I hope) please take a look at the screenshots below, first one is the Jayhawk FS9 port and second is the new FSX model, note the side mirrors, one looks fine the other has these funny looking dots and is very distorted is this the way ther are supposed to be Shaun (Aerosoft) :?:

FS9 portth_fs9port.jpgFSX Native th_mirrorproblem.jpg

is this fixable or is there a quick and dirty fix that we the end user can possiably do?

• Aerosoft
Dito here too. I maybe wrong (as I'm not always right) that this has been mentioned in previous posts at some stage.

Regards,

Tim is enroute to Seattle for the Avsim thing right now so I can't solve it now. I think the new reflections (you guys got Acceleration installed?) reflect something they should not reflect.

Hi Mathijs,

Nope, not got the Acceleration pack. As I mentioned previouslly, I'm more than certain that this has been pointed out in previous posts.

Something else I couldn't find in the manual but may have seen it elsewhere, what is the operational cieling for the Sea/Jayhaws?

Regards,

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

Nope, not got the Acceleration pack. As I mentioned previouslly, I'm more than certain that this has been pointed out in previous posts.

Something else I couldn't find in the manual but may have seen it elsewhere, what is the operational cieling for the Sea/Jayhaws?

Regards,

I do have Acceleration and I see a slightly different reflection, that why I asked.

The real SH can work up to 15.000 feet in some comfort, but to get the correct behavior low to the ground our model get anemic just over 10.000 feet. But they never go there, long cruise is done at 3500 feet, anything higher just makes it fly worse. They are really designed to be best between the sealevel and 1000 feet.

Hi Mathjis

It is great to see that You are still around !

I have send an email to You for almost a week ago, but no reply.

You will se my topic further up this thread, but here is my issue:

"A small update on the Coast Guard Cutter.

With crash detection enabled, You can land on the Cutter, but not take off again. Once You have climbed a few feet above the deck, You crash. "

Also on the LHD, You are able to take off and move sideways off the boat without crashing, but try to take off and fly strait ahead down the flightdeck and You will crash.

After the 2.10 update my moving ships don´t work anymore allthough I have moved the new .mdl files to their respective folders (You know the files that I send to You for a while ago) in fact they have become invincible, only the wakes are seen. So I have scrapt my little project and will not tangle with it anymore.

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Wothan

"A small update on the Coast Guard Cutter.

With crash detection enabled, You can land on the Cutter, but not take off again. Once You have climbed a few feet above the deck, You crash. "

Also on the LHD, You are able to take off and move sideways off the boat without crashing, but try to take off and fly strait ahead down the flightdeck and You will crash.

I have similar results using 2.10 with Acceleration. Checked all ships using the built-in flights:

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on CG-50": OK

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on Coast Guard Cutter": Can't take off without crashing

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on F220": OK

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on LCS1": OK

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on LHD": can takeoff to side, but straight ahead crashes. Two landing attempts also resulted in crashes; couldn't see any objects that I hit, but first landing was for forward deck, coming on from side. Second landing attempt was for starting spot; again, seems to be an invisible object.

"Aerosoft Seahawk - on Xcraft": OK

Hi David

Nice list.

Exactly ´what I see. Mathjis says that the Coast Guard cutter is Ok, so I have urged him to check HIS files up against the ones delivered with the 2.10 patch.

Wothan

• Aerosoft
Hi David

Nice list.

Exactly ´what I see. Mathjis says that the Coast Guard cutter is Ok, so I have urged him to check HIS files up against the ones delivered with the 2.10 patch.

Wothan

Well actually it does not matter. I just checked again, there is NO crash code in the file, so even if I can repeat it, there is no way to solve it. FSX does something unexpected here and we got no idea what. We can't remove things that are not there. Something undocumented causes the (building?) crash. For now I will add to the readme that we advise users to disable building crash when landing on the ships. Sorry guys, talk to MS about this one, the SDK they gave us does not explain this.

Not the first time btw, we had many FS2004 scenery where the position of the VIEWPOINT determined if a building crash would be shown. I was able to crash on objects in Monaco with the aircraft in Seattle. Lol.

Why do you have crash detection on anyway? I mean... you'll know if you would have crashed, right? It just won't restart your flight for you.

I'm not trying to knock you... I'm honestly just curious if there's something that I'm not seeing or don't know about. I normally keep crash detection off because I've had problems in the past with being told I crashed when I very obviously didn't.

I just checked again, there is NO crash code in the file, so even if I can repeat it, there is no way to solve it.

Thanks for checking. In answer to the last question, I prefer to have crash detection on, so that I know when I'm landing too hard. I realize, though, that it's not a big thing (and that on ships and buildings you will just sink through).

• Aerosoft

Thanks for checking. In answer to the last question, I prefer to have crash detection on, so that I know when I'm landing too hard. I realize, though, that it's not a big thing (and that on ships and buildings you will just sink through).

I's only building crash that needs to be off to avoid the problem. And like Jerm138 I always fly with crash off. Like him I know when I crash and I don't need the long restart period of the complex sims we run to punish me for it.

Hi,

I just installed version 2.10 FSX with Acceleration. I have a continuous caution light that will not clear. I cannot find any reason for it, but I'm sure the answer is quite simple.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob...

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys. It's great having this Rotorcraft now! Flying is like a dream with it ;)

but I'm sorry to say that I have found a big problem!

After installing this Rotorcraft, I tried starting from Helgoland SAR-Basis. Absolutely impossible (see photo). It seems that the installation of "Seahawk & Jayhawk" has "changed" the ground from "Helgoland X". Also taking off with a standard helicopter of FSX shows the same problem. Does anyone knows something about this bug?