Catastrophic Failure trying to install?

StarScream345

Recently reset my Windows 10. Went to install the new Airbus Pro and this is the error I get.

Running as Administrator and I have granted 'Everyone' full access to the P3D V4 Folder...

Please login to display this image.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  First, just some general information:  Granting Everyone User Group access to any folder is a pretty big security no-no, but aside from that by default location for the Airbus installer does not install to the P3D folder (and we don't recommend it, though it should work).  The default installation folder is the Documents folder.

To my knowledge this is the first time we've heard of that failure and it is almost certainly a specific system issue so I would go to the link below and put in a formal support request.

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check your Windows registry if P3D is correctly installed. To do so, open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and open the following key:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

On the right side of the window you should the an item "SetupPath". If contains the folder P3D is installed in. Is the folder given there the same as your P3D is really installed into?

• Aerosoft

Urghhhh the feature transfer error is one of the very worst. It can be caused by dozens of problems with the OS installation. There are (of course) a LOT of Google pages about it, but at least on one of my machines I was never able to solve it and reformatted. 

Found that redirected folders were causing this for some reason.

I set the installer to look at my server through a UNC path and it worked i.e \\SERVERNAME\PATH

X:\PATH for example the installer didn't like.

Thanks for the suggestions and swift responses.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived