Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Jump to content
Waters10

Error: Log File Could Not be Generated

Recommended Posts

Really impressed with the aircraft, when I can get it loaded that is!

Have been able to do a few flights, but now I continously get this error when loading any livery of any of the 318/319 aircraft after clicking OK to load the flight. I can ignore the error and the flight will load, however FPS drop to 0.5 and as you can imagine, not manageable haha.

 

I did a re-install of the Bus but after a few loads the error re-appears. Any ideas? Running P3D as admin.

 

Thanks in advance

error.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That seems to indicate the application does not have the rights to access that location. Could it be you have installed in the Program folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That seems to indicate the application does not have the rights to access that location. Could it be you have installed in the Program folder?

 

I have it installed on my non-OS drive where all my sim related stuff is and where all games are. Just in a new folder there so access rights shouldn’t  be an issue. I have full read/write access for the folder...  

 

It’s strange, especially with no error message in the box itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmm that makes it even stranger. We have not seen this before and to be honest also have no idea what could cause this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmm that makes it even stranger. We have not seen this before and to be honest also have no idea what could cause this.

 

:(

 

I will try a re-install when I get home but in a different folder location and see how I get on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

 

Please check your P3Dv4 add-on.cfg file and search it for the aircraft (search the CFG file for A318 and another for A320).  If you find two entries for one aircraft, then remove the second entry (being sure the path for the remaining entry is correct for your installation).

 

Hopefully that will solve this for you.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from both of you.

 

Best wishes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:18 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

 

Please check your P3Dv4 add-on.cfg file and search it for the aircraft (search the CFG file for A318 and another for A320).  If you find two entries for one aircraft, then remove the second entry (being sure the path for the remaining entry is correct for your installation).

 

Hopefully that will solve this for you.

 

Looking forward to hearing back from both of you.

 

Best wishes.

 

Same Here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 20 hours of flawless flying, I too, am now getting this error. I have NO duplicate .cfg entries. Using the Airbus in Prepar3dv4.3. The error message only displays when selecting the Airbus - PMDG. MjcQ400, iFly 747v2 load with no issues. The aircraft loadsin cabin view(no VC Panel) and I am noe getting the error shown in the image

error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something must have changed on your system! Can you check if the 455mb file is in this folder?

C:\Users\yoursystem\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX TerrOnND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Something must have changed on your system! Can you check if the 455mb file is in this folder?

C:\Users\yoursystem\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX TerrOnND

 

After several hours trying to get the Airbus to run I ended up un-installing ALL of the files and then installing again, seems to have fixed the issue, I've made 2 flights of 2 hours with no problems. I did this before your post so I couldn't check if the TerrOnND folder was there. No changes were made to my system prior to this happening, by me,I flew the A320 the night before, the next morning, fist flight, the problems began.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

 

After several hours trying to get the Airbus to run I ended up un-installing ALL of the files and then installing again, seems to have fixed the issue, I've made 2 flights of 2 hours with no problems. I did this before your post so I couldn't check if the TerrOnND folder was there. No changes were made to my system prior to this happening, by me,I flew the A320 the night before, the next morning, fist flight, the problems began.

 

Excellent!  Very happy to hear this!  Great Job!!!

 

Best wishes for Happy Flights my friend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

I have recently purchased Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional. After installing it and trying to load my first flight, I get an error message pop up saying ''Error: ND log file could not be generated''.

 

Does anyone know what this means? I have done extensive Google searches and have been reading on lots of forums, but I still haven't been able to find a solution to fix this error.

 

I am running P3D v4

 

After years away from the Flight Sim World, I am finally trying to get back into it. Can anybody please help with this? Any advise would be much appreciated

 

 

1693701160_P3DIssue.thumb.PNG.b9763c376caa2adcb0f95fdc086e79f1.PNG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The program Files folder is protected by Windows. You need Administrative rights to write there. We advise you to install the aircraft outside the sim folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you've recently returned to flight simulation, I'd like to add a little more to what the Boss said. 

 

P3D is far different than FSX was, especially when it comes to how addons are installed and managed.   Most aircraft and scenery should never be installed to the sim folder as was done with FSX.  Instead, P3D provides an XML method to install and activate scenery.  The best tool available to assist with this is freeware software called Lorby's P3D Addon Organizer which is very easy to use, and the documentation that comes with the software will help you to better understand how the XML method works.  After you've read the P3D Addon Organizer Documentation I strongly recommend you visit the Lockheed Martin SDK Documentation for using XML for Addons and Forum to read up on the XML method for addons - it won't take you that long and you'll already be familiar with the XML method from reading the Lorby's documentation so it will make more sense to you.  This knowledge is critical, and will benefit you in many ways and for quite some time.  If you have any issues after that, you can seek assistance from Oliver (the owner of Lorby's) in the Lorby's AVSIM forum.

 

I hope this is useful to you.

 

Best wishes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...