Double standards for hostess coming to cockpit.

jd_jay

Please feel free to move this if its in the wrong place.

When I was climbing I thought it was a nice touch that when the door bell rang you had to switch on the cockpit door camera and unlock the door to bring coffee in.  Then once in cruise all of that seems to go out of the window and the hostess just comes and goes as she pleases.  

Can I ask if this is correct? double standards or old sound files left in?

What you are referring to is the phone and the newspaper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those things are in the cockpit from the beginning of the flight. 

5 minutes ago, maxro said:

What you are referring to is the phone and the newspaper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those things are in the cockpit from the beginning of the flight. 

Nope, im referring to what I said. When I was climbing I thought it was a nice touch that when the door bell rang you had to switch on the cockpit door camera and unlock the door to bring coffee in.  Then once in cruise all of that seems to go out of the window and the hostess just comes and goes as she pleases". The coming's and going as pleases with more drinks is the way it used to happen in this old busses.  What im referring is also detailed in the step by step guide, step 161.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But we never had that option in the previous busses.

Hi Mathijs, thank you for taking the time to reply in what I’m sure is a busy time. I’m referring to the “here you go captain here’s some drinks for you” and “here you go captain here’s some sandwiches for you”. They played in the old buses whilst in cruise and still play in the new ones.  Just trying to say they seem out of place because you don’t have to do anything with the door like you do with the new part you have added during climb where you have to turn on the camera and unlock the door after the door bell rings.

All of the 'automation' in the cockpit (stewardess coming to door, coffee, table, footrests etc.) should really be optional anyway. Is it possible to make it so?

Archived