MCDU on an external device

skeller

Hi all,

Did anyone succed in operating the left MCDU on an external device as described in the "MCDU (left only) on an external device" section of the Step-by-Step Guide? I get as far as seeing the MCDU displayed in the browser, but the display is pitch black an none of the keys is working. Tried it in Firefox on the same machine I'm running Prepar3d on, and on an iPhone, both with no luck.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

This is something we're currently looking at.  To be honest, I didn't try this during the Beta (I'm sure it was tested by one of the guys, I just don't know who), so give me a little time to dig out a second tablet and see if i can make it work.

I should be able let you know by sometime tomorrow.

vor 1 minute, kconlon sagte:

I have it working on my iPad. Make sure you run the connector as administrator 

Kevin

Strange... I do run it as an administrator... What browser do you use to open the MCDU on your iPad?

10 minutes ago, skeller said:

Strange... I do run it as an administrator... What browser do you use to open the MCDU on your iPad?

I am using Safari

I'm coming up with the blank screen and non-working MCDU on my Android tablets... I'll create a bug report and we'll see what we can do to improve this.

vor 4 Minuten, Eduard Gasull sagte:

i think the only works with ipads or other tablets, not phones.

OK, but how about using a web browser on the same computer where the sim is running? I thought this was possible? Would help a lot in a multi-monitor setup...

7 minutes ago, skeller said:

OK, but how about using a web browser on the same computer where the sim is running? I thought this was possible? Would help a lot in a multi-monitor setup...

don't know.  personally, I have never used that feature. try it.

Same here, no luck on either an iPad or an external browser, connector ran with admin rights, port 4040 is authorized in the firewall (I tried even desactivating the firewall) but the MCDU remains blank (or black depending on how you see it :) )

I use the whole IP address with the port number into the address bar like below. I have done this on the local pc, a networked pc and my iPad. Haven’t tried my iPhone but I will next flight. 

vor 5 Minuten, kconlon sagte:

I use the whole IP address with the port number into the address bar like below. I have done this on the local pc, a networked pc and my iPad. Haven’t tried my iPhone but I will next flight. 

So did I, of course.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had problems during beta, but solved it by running connector with admin rights. I also have P3Dv4 runnIng with admin rights.

Try to run both with same rights (admin or not admin). That was required in the past for APC.

Make also sure that no firewall is blocking anything.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

And make sure the webinterface is activated in the configurator!

Mathijs, you're a star! I feel soooo stupid. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. Works like a treat now.

Archived