Released : Mega Airport Brussels X

• Aerosoft

Imagine our office at this moment. We are churning our FSX releases like there is no tomorrow. Heathrow, Seahawk, German Airfields 1 and now Mega Airport Brussels X as well. Believe me, lunch breaks are not what they used to be.

But back to Brussels. Very nicely done by Dreamfactory this will add another high end major airport to FSX. Of course it has all the features of modern FSX scenery so I rather show you the images.

brusselsx_9.jpg

brusselsx_1.jpg

brusselsx_2.jpg

brusselsx_3.jpg

brusselsx_4.jpg

brusselsx_5.jpg

brusselsx_6.jpg

brusselsx_7.jpg

OMG I CANT BELIEVE MY VA HAS ABANDONED ITS BRUSSELS HUB WAHH!

Dumb your VA :lol::lol::lol:

Have it for FS9 can't wait to add it to FSX with all the great airport releases a deleted of FS9 comes very close inside know ;-)

Great stuff love EGLL :-)

There is no LSGG for FSX!!

But there is a LSGG for FS9 from Dreamfactory. But the author ist not willing to solve the problem of deleting custom Autogen for CHPro around the airport. He made a giant exclude around LSGG, destroying everthing around this airport. And I don't understand, why he didn't worked out a patch.

With all the experiences of his former airports, I'm not convinced that the Dreamfactory designer is realy worthy, of calling his scenery a "Megaairport" which should be in my eyes a quality sign. A review of his Brussels scenery in the german FlightXpress magazine was not very convincing.

Bernhard Scharbert

(Although the pics of Brussels FSX in this topic look not bad)

• Aerosoft

But there is a LSGG for FS9 from Dreamfactory. But the author ist not willing to solve the problem of deleting custom Autogen for CHPro around the airport. He made a giant exclude around LSGG, destroying everthing around this airport. And I don't understand, why he didn't worked out a patch.

With all the experiences of his former airports, I'm not convinced that the Dreamfactory designer is realy worthy, of calling his scenery a "Megaairport" which should be in my eyes a quality sign. A review of his Brussels scenery in the german FlightXpress magazine was not very convincing.

Bernhard Scharbert

Wait for other reviews for the FSX version. Keep in mind FSX is what counts at this moment.

With all due respect Mathjis (I think your one of the best customer service guy's around). I also understand this may or may not be the place to discuss it.

FSX may be what counts from Aerosoft's financial point of view, but those paying for LSGG in FS9 deserve the same "counting"as those paying in FSX.

I find that the last few scenery's by the Cornel are sub par (Malta was a frame rate killer and has autogen problems as well).

I don't own EBBR so I cannot comment.

I do wish he would fix the scenery's that are already paid for before I buy another one.

• Aerosoft

Bernhard Scharbert

It's only today I seen the review in Flight Express. Some comments.

- Of course the manual has been redone by us for the FSX boxed version. It now has a decent manual in English/Dutch/English and French.

- FSX is simply a lot better in textures, compare the images to the comments about the textures in the review.

- The comments about the moving objects I can follow, even though they are hard on frames, the FS2004 version that is reviewed could have stand a few more. The (commercially far more important) FSX version however is stressed in frames as all major scenery is. And the designer decided to exchange some movement for more details in the building.

The issue about the LSGG airport obviously still bugs people, but this is a product that is close to 6 years old now (it's a FS2002 product that is FS2004 compatible) and I do not feel it should be closely related to the new products. If such an issue would arise now we would certainly apply strong pressure on the developer to solve the issue. Aerosoft has moved on as well, lol.

Mathijs,

I don't want to go any further here, let's wait for the Brussels FSX Megaairport and let others judge this scenery.

By the way I'm very content with your products and use a lot of them. And what I like very much is that one can talk very open about your products and you not only hear the customers you also try to make things better.

So thanks very much for your and the other people's work at Aerosoft.

Bernhard Scharbert

I can see that you offer this airport also for fs9, wich I´m very happy about. In some reason I can´t buy this product on aerosoft side, so I was hoping that you would sell on Simmarket.com. Hope you will. One more question. Is this not the same product like from Dream factory studio (that is on Simmarket)?

Regards.

Þórður S.

I can see that you offer this airport also for fs9, wich I´m very happy about. In some reason I can´t buy this product on aerosoft side, so I was hoping that you would sell on Simmarket.com. Hope you will. One more question. Is this not the same product like from Dream factory studio (that is on Simmarket)?

Regards.

Þórður S.

Yes curious too because I have bought this scenery for FS9 with the promise of a free update for FSX ;-)

But it seems he choose to collect only money and not to answer his early FS9 buyers :(

First time in FS history I feel let down by a developer he promises a lot but don't deliver... same with LSGG Geneva

If you can't keep a promises that don't say anything...

Wise lesson I only buy via Aerosoft as for this developer I won't support the guy anymore :evil:

Apart from the Bloom effect (which is FSX, not the scenery), there is nothing that couldn't be done in FS9.

I tried your MegaHeathrow X scenery and together with a "complex add-on" it kills frames sufficiently to make it borderline un-flyable (15 FPS in clear weather, no AI, no AutoGen). I appreciate that is more FSX than your scenery though. FSX is out for me until I can afford some super-rig, or MS get their act together and sort the performance issues out (but that won't be until at least FS11 now - hopefully they learned from the disaster that was FSX). :(

Best regards,

Robin.

Apart from the Bloom effect (which is FSX, not the scenery), there is nothing that couldn't be done in FS9.

I tried your MegaHeathrow X scenery and together with a "complex add-on" it kills frames sufficiently to make it borderline un-flyable (15 FPS in clear weather, no AI, no AutoGen). I appreciate that is more FSX than your scenery though. FSX is out for me until I can afford some super-rig, or MS get their act together and sort the performance issues out (but that won't be until at least FS11 now - hopefully they learned from the disaster that was FSX). :(

Best regards,

Robin.

What are your system specs?

• 2 weeks later...

How about a day time screen shot of the runway like an Approach to land similar to the night shot? and areal shot of the whole airport? Please!

Thanks

Manny

Well, I just have only flown once into Brussels at daylight, but I think I will have to test it out somewhat further to take a pic because the scenery is flickering when coming in from a landing at runway 7 left, which means that you have to watch out through the window to get the runway in sight.

And you to this better very attentive when doing so with an Airbuslike type of plane, without any other disturbances because you don't have much time to correct any deviation from the approach path you would be in.

I wonder if a certain similar code has been used like MipBias as that creates the same flickering problem?

Well yes, one forum member in another forum mentioned this tweak for the FSX.cfg file. But after testing it out, it was thrown out of the file entirely due to a very quite extreme flickering of especially 3D buildings.