Very sensitive trim control

Hi!

I have calibrated my joystick and assigned buttons/controls using FSUIPC. I have two buttons assigned for the elevator trim up and down and it is VERY sensitive. In the previous buses 1 short click was 0.1 point of trim. Now it jumps up and down and can go from UP1.1 to DN0.4 in a heartbeat. It makes it very difficult to set correct trim using a joystick and not scrolling the trim wheel using a mouse. I have the same controls assigned as in the old buses but something is clearly different. 

Kind regards
Jesper

Yes I also have this issue. Have assigned Trim Up & Trim Dn via P3D. A momentary touch of the trim button sends the a/c trim through at least half of its range of travel.

I did not experience this in the previous A/S bus.

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick.

BTW superb job on this aircraft. For a first release the state of the product is amazing. What a credit to the aerosoft team.

Regards

Michael

Am I missing something here? There's no trim in an Airbus A320. It's FBW and keeps a constant 1 G trim automatically. You only touch the trim wheel to set takeoff trim.

3 hours ago, Fragged^2 said:

Am I missing something here? There's no trim in an Airbus A320. It's FBW and keeps a constant 1 G trim automatically. You only touch the trim wheel to set takeoff trim.

Yes, and that's exactly what we're talking about.

Are you using the new "Realtrim Professional" addon recently released by another company? Our Airbus has not been tested with it and we certainly see how a program which alters the default P3D trimming might cause such erratic behaviour as you describe.

Best will be not to use it together with the Airbus until the developer of Realtrim Professional provides a solution for the interference with other addons.

Have the same issue, setting up trim for t/o has to be done by the mouse on the trim-wheel. Button control is way to sensitive.
And no, have no Realtrim installed. 

I can confirm this, too. My p3d runs without FSUIPC or "Realtrim". Trim is just assigned to buttons via p3d. As a workaround I used the mouse in the VC to set the trim precisely.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We really designed this to be done with the mouse wheel as it is the most realistic way in our opinion. We'll see if we can make the steps smaller when keys are used.

Thank you Mathijs, not sure why I didn't try the mouse wheel but after giving it a go it works a treat.

It is true that this does appear to be the most realistic way of setting the trim. Very nicely done.

Regards

Michael

Archived