Light switches in wrong position

Hi!

There seems to be an issue in the checklist where it is not able to continue if a light switch is not in the expected position. For example I usually turn on the taxi light when I start moving. When the taxi checklist then runs it gets stuck on taxi light because it does not understand that it is already on. There are simialar issues with landing lights, rwy turn off lights and more when the switch is not in the expected position before the checklist item. In the old buses the checklist would check if the switch was in the correct position and if it was it would check the checklist item and if it was in any other position it would automatically correct it. All my flights are with both checklist and co-pilot switched on. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Kind regards 

Jesper

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jesper,

you are absolutely right but the light settings have been changed compared to the previous Airbus version. There is no "tolerance" anymore e.g. they must be set exactly set as required and when. We implemented this based on DLH procedures for setting EXT LIGHTS because in the past nearly everything was possible and accepted. The exact settings will be explained in detail in the Vol6 StepbyStep but unfortunately this manual was not ready until release...... But if  you use the Copilot then why you want to make the settings yourself? One thing should be clear: You cannot use the copilot and partly make the settings yourself! It is really either /  or.

Regards,

Rolf

Good morning!

Well isn't the whole point of the checklist to make sure items are in their correct positions when the checklist is done? I don't really see why it should matter what position it was in before the checklist as the whole point of a checklist is to correct/check that the item is in the correct position for the next phase of flight. The old checklist would simply correct the position no matter what position it was in before. 

Kind regards

Jesper

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jesper,

OK, this is your point of view. But why then you are using the copilot if you want to make the settings yourself? Just make the right settings when the CL asks for it. In RL there are fixed procedures when what has to be done and nobody has the idea to do it different e. g. to make certain settings previoulsy and thne those are corrected during the CL..........

Regards,

Rolf

Hi!

For example I don't like to wait until 10kts to turn on the taxi light and rwy turn off lights when it's pitch black outside. I always turn them on as I start to move as I believe most airlines do. The copilot is a great assistance in many phases of flight but this just seems like a strange thing to get cought on. I think many questions and issues where people don't understand why they're stuck would be gone with such a simple thing. I respect your opinion but for me it was a real let down compared to the old buses. 

Kind regards

Jesper

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

OK you can call it a real let down but I call it more realistic like in RL. But I accept your argument and will change this for the EXT LIGHTS settings during the TAXI CL. For the time being just one hint: You can also start the TAXI CL using the MCDU3 menu and then you do not need to wait until the plane reaches 10 knots......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 15.7.2018 at 11:51, Hanse sagte:

Hi,

But I accept your argument and will change this for the EXT LIGHTS settings during the TAXI CL.

Regards,

Rolf

Please update to 1.1.2 and you are now able to switch RWY and TAXI lights to ON before starting the TAXI CL......

Archived