Aerosoft Airbus Professional not found via add-on.xml

cloose

Hi,

I have installed the new Aerosoft A318/319 professional in a custom directory. I can see the path in both SimObjects and Add-on.xml configuration manager. But no Airbus shows up in the airplane list. Although I have run the airplane list update multiple times.

In Prepar3D itself I don't have any issue and can select the Airbus.

Please login to display this image.

The A2A airplanes show up just fine. But no Airbus in sight. :-(

SIMstarter NG v1.8.0 (rev 1)

Prepar3D Client v4.3.29.25520

Thanks for your support!

Christian

I managed to get the Aerosoft  A3xx planes in SimStarter NG by manually editing "C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\userprofiles\P3Dv4\settings.ini" and adding the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes"to the "searchFolders" entry in the '[SIMOBJECTS]' section.

Best regards,

Luis

• Developer

At the moment you have to go to "ProgramSettings > Platform specific > SimObjects" and click on the add-on.xml or SimObject path.

I explained it in one of the dialogs that all users "clicked away". Never the less it looks like to complex.

Therefore the new version of SIMstarter NG will enable all path and the user must disable path or add-on.xml files which does not contain real aircraft.

Folders like "IVAO_MTL", "Ultimate Traffic", "MyTraffic", e.g. should be disabled to save loading time for SIMstarter NG.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I think the confusion comes from having two SimObjects configuration settings. Seeing the Airbus marked as active in the SimObjects configuration manager looked enough to me. That there is also SimObjects section in the ProgramSettings was an oversight on my side.

As far as I understood now, this section controls the settings.ini that Luis was talking about.

If possible, I would like to suggest a different solution to solve the issue. I would suggest to remove the SimObjects section from the ProgramSettings and integrate it into the SimObjects configuration manager as a separate column. I think most people look there first. At least I have never really used the ProgramSettings dialog so far.

My original issue is solved now. Thank you two!

Christian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived