Stuck at Go Around Active

Hello,

i had now a Problem that the Checklist was Stuck at Go Around Active (i had this Problem in the old Airbus too)

So i was noticing that i was a far way too high for a Landing in Munich so i put the Thrust Levelers at around 3800ft in the TOGA Position and the Pilot and Co Pilot where saying Go Ground and the Go Around Active was in the Infobar. After reaching the Missed Approach Alt at 5000ft nothing happend and the Go Around Active was still displaying and it didnt changed to Climb or Continue.

So what did i wrong?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I will have to check this e. g. if I am able to reproduce it but 3.800 feet seem a little bit high for a GO AROUND? Will be back.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse,

i did some testflights and from them i can tell you the following:

If you're doing the Go Around only about 700 feet with flaps and the gear out everything works fine but if you're doing a Go Around very early (only Flaps 1) you will get stuck again at Go Around Active. But sometimes in IVAO you need to do a early Go Around or if you see that you're really coming too high in.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I looked into the code and to implement it would mean a lot of additional work because the situation at that point / altitude might be quite different from the one just before landing. A lot of things then have to be considered (not only the flaps setting) like Flightmode (before or on FINAL), GA altitude already set or not, FMA state etc. As this is a very special situation (until now the only request for it) and we are covering with the CL only normal operations I will not implement it. In such a case you have to do everything manually (switch off the checklist- and copilot-function) or wait until normally a GA is performed.......

Regards,

Rolf 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rolf,

I've got the same problem. I did everything manually and at the gate I set the turn around state from MCDU 3. All checklists have been performed correctly but there's always the message GO AROUND ACTIVE both in the MCDU and in the top bar and the plane starts always with the APU ON. Even loading the cold&dark state the message won't disappear.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I believe that the problem is related to an imcomplete reset (my problem) after the TA state has been newly loaded. I added something in the code and hopefully with the next update the issue should be solved..... If not please let me know and I will have a second look into it....... Also you are saying that the plane after a turnaround always starts with APU ON. Before the new TA state is loaded (countdown timer is still running) there is a message on the INFOBAR that you should establish EXT PWR and set the APU OFF. Did you do that?

Regards,

Rolf

Archived