Congrats but engine troubles (EGT exceedance)

Andrea1

Hi to all,

Just finish first flight with my A319 professional "bus"..

Very easy on frame! At ground LIMC (aerosoft scenery) 40-55 fps on air 60-90 fps with active sky next..

Only bad thing..in real life I'd have to overhaul both my engines (CFM 56-5B) because during my takeoff at reduced thrust assumed temp 65°C on rwy 35L (31°C 1017 qnh ) I hadan EGT of 967°C!!! and you know that CFM56-5b EGT limit is about 950°C! . I do my apologizes but I forgot to check by your "future improvement list" if EGT curves will be "adjusted" in the very near future updates...I checked also by appling full rated power and I reached 1027°C!!! (in fact the first stage HP turbine has melted...very expensive to buy!!!!) ..you know in real life (new engine) EGT at takeoff should be in the range 800-850°...(and also considering an external temp of 31 instead of isa 15 being the EGT varying according with the square root of temperature ratio in kelvin it should in the range of 830-880) no more..

The second question is about the IAE-V2500 engine: during start this engine 'sFADEC should apply a 30 sec period of "dry crank" i.e. just engine start rotation to blow out the residual fuel etc before applying ignition (as happened with the previous version of the bus) but now this not happens.

Best Regards and Congratulations

Andrea Buono

Hi,

Me too I was flying with Active Sky .

Conditions on departure (when I had that EGT excedance): LIMC 290/4 KT temp. 31C qnh 1017, takeoff from 35L I started from a "turnaround" state using an Easyjet G-EZDE livery A319...

Maybe that data can help the betatester…

Ciao

Andrea Buono 

Archived