P3D 4.3 No option to chose Aerosoft Airbus

Johnie

Strange stuff here. I have installed the A318/A319, however, none of these a/c comes up as as option from the list of airplanes to chose in P3D. Why?

- I recently upgraded from P3D 4.2 to 4.3 ... Only the "Client."

I have LM 4.3

- Please note, I disabled my AV before installing..I have Windows 10  64bit, and Intel 7700K, and 16Gb of RAM.

• Aerosoft

That can only indicate the installation did not complete. 

we advise you to re-install the product using these steps:

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

I will do a clean uninstall and re-install  again as Mathijs has suggested.

Tom, Can the other P3D components be installed one by one? Or do I need to install the Full sim from scratch? I hope I can do them one by one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, but when a P3D installation is meesed up, there is no other way or something Aerosoft has to solve.

After installing P3Dv4.0 I did only client updates, never used any tweaks, shader modifications or whatever and since doing so I have a 100% stable sim and could not recreate any of those problems report here, beside already known bugs.

• Aerosoft
22 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Tom it is an utter disaster to update Scenery in P3D.  All add-on scenery has to be reinstalled.

Well if the scenery is installed using the method Lockheed advised it's as easy as not having to do anything as they are all installed outside the sim. In FSX it was a pain in the neck but with correct modern installers and P3D V4 it should be absolutely painless.

Mathijis, seems that i have failed to catch up with that advice.  I always replace client and only if needed content.  I would like to have scenery on an external 1TB SSD as these days there is huge content available particularly with the TE style pnotoreal now emerging and the storage required is enormous.

Thanks for the quick hotrfix, it made an immediate difference to running the add-on.  I am very impressed with the entire model, and will be even more so when I learn its full capacity. Though I still have to work out what 'no ped' means......

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Though I still have to work out what 'no ped' means...

No Personal Electronic Devices ;) 

Folks I cannot believe this.. I've tried the recommendations and still Aerosoft's A318/319 is not showing up in the airplanes list. This is the first time I've seen this.

I followed all of Mathijs and Tom's suggestions and it's still not there. What the heck am I doing wrong or could be wrong?  Currently in P3D Root I see a folder named "Aerosoft Airbus Professional...."  So it installed outside of  all the others"Simobjects."  Did it installed correctly? 

- Or are there any installation folders and components I need to look for and make sure they installed correctly? 

2 hours ago, Johnie said:

Folks I cannot believe this.. I've tried the recommendations and still Aerosoft's A318/319 is not showing up in the airplanes list. This is the first time I've seen this.

I followed all of Mathijs and Tom's suggestions and it's still not there. What the heck am I doing wrong or could be wrong?  Currently in P3D Root I see a folder named "Aerosoft Airbus Professional...."  So it installed outside of  all the others"Simobjects."  Did it installed correctly? 

- Or are there any installation folders and components I need to look for and make sure they installed correctly? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but ..... when you go to select an aircraft, do you have the 'Show only favorites' star selected (is it yellow)?

2 hours ago, 53teamk said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but ..... when you go to select an aircraft, do you have the 'Show only favorites' star selected (is it yellow)?

Hey, no worries.. I will check when I get home.

Did you upgrade any other component besides the Client to P3D 4.3 ?

53 minutes ago, Johnie said:

Hey, no worries.. I will check when I get home.

Did you upgrade any other component besides the Client to P3D 4.3 ?

No. Only the client.

Uninstall the A318/A319 Pro first, then the old client, then install new client.

Make sure you uninstall the 4.2 client via Start-Control Panel-Uninstall Programs first. Then install the 4.3 client. It will leave all your sceneries and add-ons intact.

1 hour ago, 53teamk said:

No. Only the client.

Uninstall the A318/A319 Pro first, then the old client, then install new client.

Make sure you uninstall the 4.2 client via Start-Control Panel-Uninstall Programs first. Then install the 4.3 client. It will leave all your sceneries and add-ons intact.

Actually I had already uninstalled the old client and then installed the new client.... And now the new Airbus.       But I'm tempted to uninstall the Airbus, then the current new client,....and then..... install the new client followed by the Airbus. Man, never seen this issue before. Every single other airplane (tons)  shows on list; except the new Airbus.  It's like seeing something delicious through a glass window and not being able to eat it. lol

-- Another thought:  Can Windows Defender interfere in the installation? I have McAfee and I turn it off to do the install.; but I wonder if Windows defender can do some damage. 

-- I'll make sure I turn off UAC, too

-- Something could be blocking the Bus from showing in P3D..

6 hours ago, Johnie said:

Actually I had already uninstalled the old client and then installed the new client.... And now the new Airbus.       But I'm tempted to uninstall the Airbus, then the current new client,....and then..... install the new client followed by the Airbus. Man, never seen this issue before. Every single other airplane (tons)  shows on list; except the new Airbus.  It's like seeing something delicious through a glass window and not being able to eat it. lol

-- Another thought:  Can Windows Defender interfere in the installation? I have McAfee and I turn it off to do the install.; but I wonder if Windows defender can do some damage. 

-- I'll make sure I turn off UAC, too

-- Something could be blocking the Bus from showing in P3D..

I have the Windows Defender turned off on my computer. I use another AV program, so I don't need WD.

As for the UAC, mine is on. Never saw a need to turn it off.

I'm not sure what to suggest next ..... got me stumped.

I had an issue with the updater. It was different than yours but I had to (Inthe Documents,Aerosoft,ASUpdater folder) right click on ASUpdater.exe /properties/change settings for all users/ Run this program as administrator. May be worth a try?

For the 4.3 update, you need to install the content too otherwise it can lead to odd behaviour. Doubt it would fix your issue but worth a try.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Minuten, ckyliu sagte:

For the 4.3 update, you need to install the content too otherwise it can lead to odd behaviour. Doubt it would fix your issue but worth a try.

Definitely not! The Airbus does not depend on anything that comes with the Content Update as it only adds new aircraft and some 3D objects.

I meant odd behaviour or crashing of P3D itself, not of the Airbus (i.e. new content could be required by the core client). I recall reading it somewhere in relation to v4.3 but can't vouch for its accuracy, but seeing as it's free and easy to do I figured it was worth a shot.

My Suspicion: 

I am thinking this problem has to do with where the installer is placing the folders and,   the Add-on.XML is perhaps not shown the correct path.

-- I have P3D V4.3 on my E: Drive. Every single aircraft from every developer has it's airplanes line-up inside the: E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes. This including the CRJ. However, with this new Airbus, there is not one single folder with the Airbus line-up under: E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes.  However, what the installer did was point the installation directly to the sim root and created a folder named: "Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional."... And inside this folder, you have all the sub-folders including " Documentation, SimObjects, Live Manager, Configurator, Data, Effects, Supportfiles, Add-on.XML, Product.cfg, and Readme

-- Add-on.XML: This is what it shows: (I have zero clue how exactly this "add-on.xml stuff works, but look, there's nothing in there referencing a path to 

E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes.  Take a look.......

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>.\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Effects</Category>

<Path>.\Effects</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Fonts</Category>

<Path>.\Fonts</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

On 7/14/2018 at 5:20 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well if the scenery is installed using the method Lockheed advised it's as easy as not having to do anything as they are all installed outside the sim. In FSX it was a pain in the neck but with correct modern installers and P3D V4 it should be absolutely painless.

Hello Mathijs.. Please look at the post above this one. I have a feeling the installer and the Add-on.XML are in conflict and not showing the path to where the "SimObjects" are located. I would greatly appreciate if your team can look into this. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Johnie said:

My Suspicion: 

I am thinking this problem has to do with where the installer is placing the folders and,   the Add-on.XML is perhaps not shown the correct path.

-- I have P3D V4.3 on my E: Drive. Every single aircraft from every developer has it's airplanes line-up inside the: E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes. This including the CRJ. However, with this new Airbus, there is not one single folder with the Airbus line-up under: E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes.  However, what the installer did was point the installation directly to the sim root and created a folder named: "Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional."... And inside this folder, you have all the sub-folders including " Documentation, SimObjects, Live Manager, Configurator, Data, Effects, Supportfiles, Add-on.XML, Product.cfg, and Readme

-- Add-on.XML: This is what it shows: (I have zero clue how exactly this "add-on.xml stuff works, but look, there's nothing in there referencing a path to 

E:\P3D V-4\SimObjects\Airplanes.  Take a look.......

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>.\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Effects</Category>

<Path>.\Effects</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Fonts</Category>

<Path>.\Fonts</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

The installer placed the folder there, because you choosed the root sim folder, or did it in the past with an other new Aerosoft addon. The Aerosoft installers remember that. You can try uninstall the airbus and install it into a folder outside the sim root folder.

The xml is fine. The installer registers this xml in the add-on.cfg and so the sim will find it. That is the method how LM request it. Nothing has to go into the sim root. All can be stored outside. Other developers don’t follow this LM guidelines.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can confirm what Bob said,

my P3D is installed under g:\P3D

my Airbus under g:\Addons

the xml looks the same as yours.

But please check the following:

Open P3D, click on Addons, check if there is an entry for the Airbus and that it is enabled:

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, Johnie said:

Hello Mathijs.. Please look at the post above this one. I have a feeling the installer and the Add-on.XML are in conflict and not showing the path to where the "SimObjects" are located. I would greatly appreciate if your team can look into this. 

I have looked at it. And we have many thousands of users where the installer works. Your's seems at this moment to be the only one where it fails. My XML looks the same as yours.

Archived