AOC weather request

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is any documentation for the AOC pages. I've been having fun flying around with the bus so far, but I'm interested to know a bit more about the AOC pages. I can't seem to find any documentation for these pages, so I was wondering if someone could help me find where these pages are?

Also, I was wondering if the weather request is actually meant to return 10-20 mins after the button is pressed - it seems quite a long time to wait, in my opinion, maybe this time can be shortened?

Furthermore, when the weather request returns, it gives information timestamped '000000z' - is this a bug? The weather request also doesn't return with the cloud conditions and temperature, which seems a bit odd to me as the temperature, in particular, is required for the approach page.

If anyone can answer my questions above, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Eric

It was instantaneous for me prior to release.  I plan on making a flight tomorrow with the version you have and I'll test and let you know how it works here.

Best wishes.

Maybe I was overexaggerating, but it took 8 mins for me to receive a response to my request.

http://prntscr.com/k6fu3u

I requested ARR ATIS and WX/METAR at 1640z, and got a reply at 1648z. As you can see in the image, the temperature, visibility and cloud forecasts aren't included. This feature isn't as such very useful, especially considering these items are required in the approach page. 

hi Eric!

The weather part is currently under review according to recent bugreports.

What was your weather source selected in the Options MCDU -> Settings -> Weather?

And sorry, no documentation for AOC pages.

14 hours ago, indianbhaji said:

http://prntscr.com/k6fu3u

I requested ARR ATIS and WX/METAR at 1640z, and got a reply at 1648z. As you can see in the image, the temperature, visibility and cloud forecasts aren't included. This feature isn't as such very useful, especially considering these items are required in the approach page. 

I'm afraid that's all what the sim returns in this case. The same for timestamp - I'm only displaying what the sim returns.

What happens if you choose online sources? (Different from SIM/DEFAULT.)

And for now I can't reproduce the long delay of 10-20 mins, will try again later.

@Choobe

The response for VATSIM weather is quicker. However, yesterday, it was giving me a METAR, today it isn't doing that.

Please login to display this image.

Also, the long delay is only occurring with the  SIM (DEFAULT) weather option in the MCDU, and when requesting ARR ATIS.

Archived