Tiller won't work

Jarvis

Hi, I have followed the guide to set up the tiller in the manual but when I press the pedal disc and try to turn with the throttle 3 axis, nothing happens,

Thank you in advance

Do you have EXDOC installed?  If so, you'll need to update to Chaseplane (just kidding, sort of), you'll need to update to their new Beta and that should resolve it.

If not... then I've asked a friend who uses the tiller function to swing by to help (I don't use the tiller function).

To use the Tiller function, you'll want to use FSuipc, within there there is an option under "send as FSuipx Axis" for 'steering tiller', or you can go under send as FS Axis and look for 'steering' in the dropdown

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, G Sproson said:

To use the Tiller function, you'll want to use FSuipc, within there there is an option under "send as FSuipx Axis" for 'steering tiller', or you can go under send as FS Axis and look for 'steering' in the dropdown

FSUIPC is absolutely NOT needed for this. 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

FSUIPC is absolutely NOT needed for this. 

Thanks, Mathijs. I've always used FSUIPC for the tiller for all the previous AS Airbuses (and also the MJC Dash).

How do I do it without FSUIPC? Just map an axis in the P3D controls setup to "Steering Set"? I've been using the twist rudder axis on my X-52 Pro.

Maybe that's why I'm having tiller animation problems.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:48 PM, Jarvis said:

Hi, I have followed the guide to set up the tiller in the manual but when I press the pedal disc and try to turn with the throttle 3 axis, nothing happens,

Thank you in advance

Why do you press PEDAL DISC here? This button will only disconnect the pedals from your steering for the flight control check.

5 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

How do I do it without FSUIPC?

You also need to enable the tiller option in the third fmc, this is not mentioned in the manual but I figured it out. 

4 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Why do you press PEDAL DISC here?

That is what I use it for, in the control check, but I also keep it pressed during taxi. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived