Getting unusually bad performance on a not-terrible system

skitchie98

Hello again,

First off, thanks guys for helping me figure out the whole St. Elmo's Fire and MDU greyed out bug, but unfortunately I seem to be having another issue. Currently my frames in the bus are really, really bad. I've recreated the same scenarios with different aircraft and on every occasion the frames only get unacceptable (as in, sub 10, when normally ~30) when I'm running with the bus. My system specs are a GTX1050 GPU, an Intel i5 7300HQ, and 8 GB DDR4 RAM. I know that my system is in no way a beast bred for simming, but it's certainly better than sub-10FPS in the Aerosoft bus which everyone says the performance is great with. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

In P3D Graphics Settings, try setting unlimited frames and VSync On and Triple Buffering On and see if that makes a differenence.

I would also ensure you have the latest Graphics Drivers and try deleting your P3D Shaders and the reload P3D.

Let us know how this works out for you!

13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In P3D Graphics Settings, try setting unlimited frames and VSync On and Triple Buffering On and see if that makes a differenence.

I would also ensure you have the latest Graphics Drivers and try deleting your P3D Shaders and the reload P3D.

Let us know how this works out for you!

Yep before you even replied I realized I should probably reset my P3D shader cache, and lo and behold, that essentially did the trick! Performance was still a little bit spotty but I'm honestly just happy to have it working finally.

Close it up boys, this one's been...

RESOLVED

Terrific!  Of course you can also try reducing some of your other graphics settings, should you wish to.

Happy you are back up and flying!

Best wishes.

Archived