No sound except for engines

Scottie5

Is anyone having issues where there is no sound internally with flipping switches and also the copilot is silent?  I updated using the updater and also a reinstall, all I get is the engine sound once the engines are started.  Checked via the FMC and made sure the co-pilot and all the other sounds are on, that the volume levels in the options are up, and I get other sounds such as weather and GSX making noise loading the aircraft.  Sound drivers are up to date with latest driver even though this is onboard integrated sound (Realtek) and is not an issue with any other aircraft.  Anyone have suggestions or encounter this issue?  Also still can't do the checklist with the copilot since it is stuck on close doors (even though everything indicating closed.)

Reinstalled P3D to version 4.3 this week in preparation for the release of the Aerosoft Airbus.  (complete install, not the shortcut method)  So far sound issues not affecting any other addon or default aircraft nor any addons within P3D such as Acitvesky and GSX. Engine sounds are working as well as landing gear, flaps, and the speedbreak for the A319.  Issues are specifically within the VC with no clicking sounds and no copilot voice.  I would have to disagree that based on the information available, that this would be OS or P3D specific to the installation unless there are some missing sound files I am unaware of.  I noticed another post about a sound issue with the clicking portion and verified that the files were present in the system 32 folder that were referenced.  Otherwise the aircraft flies great and once figured out, will be addictive.

I can't assume anything, with computers it is cause and effect.  It must be something more simple since sound with my system overall is working fine.  Let me do some more research from top to bottom and maybe locate the issue that is causing it, might help someone in the future with a similar setup.

• Aerosoft

Well if you can't assume that it HAS to be something on your system because thousands of others do not have it.... It can only mean all the other users have something weird and we lucked out by making our software compatible with an error all these users have in common. Heck, we should play the lotto!

Sorry to make fun, but it is indeed cause and effect. It's something causing the issue on your system that we did not anticipate.

No apology necessary, you have to make fun a little in your position to get through it all.  Speaking of making fun, I figured out what was causing it and fixed it but have no clue how it occurred.  I went to the sound.cfg file for the A319 model I was testing before and then went to the sound folder and noticed something strange.  My default sound player is Windows media player and all sounds are defaulting to windows media except for .wav files.  It was defaulting to Groove music player for only .wav files and nothing else.  I don't use Groove player, have no plans to use Groove player, and have no explanation as to why only .wav files were defaulting to it and nothing else.  Changed the default file type to windows media player, problem solved.

Long story short, just in case someone has sound missing or partial sound, might need to look closer.  I am happy I was able to locate the issue in a matter of minutes, not usually that lucky.  By the way, congratulations on a very well done product (including the crashing into water sounds.) Would love to know how that was created.

Archived