High climb rate below 10.000ft and FLEX temp

I only flew A319 so far but noticed a pretty high rate of climb even after pulling the throttles into climb detent: easily keeping up 4600ft/min climb at 250 kts. Now I'm not experienced enough to tell but is this something A319 is able to do in real life or not (I don't seem to remember 319 in previous versions climbing that fast)?

The other "issue" I noticed is with the flex temperature I get recommended by the MCDU, the acceleration on the takeoff roll seems pretty slow. I manage to takeoff in the end but it takes quite a bit of the runway. Is the recommended temperature just a rough estimate and should I be using other resources to get a more accurate FLEX? Anybody else noticed any of these?

Hi,

depending on the weight of the aircraft an A319 could easily reach climbrates like this. If you are only doing a short hop of an hour or something such rates are absolutely normal.

I've noticed this also in the A318. Only difference being was I had almost full fuel for a 3000nm flight from London to New York. The aircraft would attempt a climb rate such as this and it would stall.

Could you open a seperate thread for it StarScream345? Your finding sounds different than the one reported by the OP.

Archived