Updater not working

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no problem Mathijs, you and your team are doing a great work...... unfortunately the installation of 1.1.4.0 didn´t solve the problem on my system.

For your information. Thats what windows event manager still shows me:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ASUpdater.exe, Version: 1.1.4.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5b52f89b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17134.165, Zeitstempel: 0xfa43f4b2
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x0010ddc2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x313c

+

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ASUpdater.exe, Version: 1.1.4.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5b52f89b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17134.165, Zeitstempel: 0xfa43f4b2
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0010ddc2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x313c

+

Anwendung: ASUpdater.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Xml.XmlException
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean, EntityExpandType, Int32 ByRef)
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32, Char, NodeData)
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean)
   bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(System.Xml.XmlDocument)
   bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(System.Xml.XmlDocument, System.Xml.XmlReader, Boolean)
   bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(System.Xml.XmlReader)
   bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(System.String)
   bei ASUpdater.MainWindow.GetProductList()
   bei ASUpdater.MainWindow.InitApp()
   bei ASUpdater.MainWindow.ASUpdaterWindow_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   bei System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object)
   bei MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   bei System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   bei System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   bei System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
   bei System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
   bei System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget)
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

• Developer

That's a step forward! The error message points to a problem with reading an XML file in Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products. Can you please zip the whole folder Products and post it here so I can have a look?

• Developer

I think I found the culprit. It's the "&" in "C:\Users\Max & Mezzi\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional". That can mess with the XML structure and be the reason why it can't be loaded properly. I wasn't even aware that the "&" is a permitted character in Windows user account names. Anyway, this is pretty easy to solve, but I'm currently at work, so I won't be able to fix it and provide you with a new version until the evening.

• Developer

I updated the ASUpdater to work properly now. But since we didn't expect a case like yours, you need a modified version of the XML file from your products folder. Please copy the attached file to <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products and run the Updater again. This time you should be able to download the new versions.

as_a318_a319_prof.xml

Hi

I just had a weird issue with AS Updater trying to update the Airbus to 1.0.1.3 from 1.0.1.2.

ASUpdater v1.1.5.0 appeared to update my airbus version successfully, however, the next time I ran it  it reported that I only had version 1.0.1.2 installed and gave me the option to install again.

No matter how many times I let it install 1.0.1.3, the next time ASUpdater is run it thinks I only have 1.0.1.2 installed.

I checked the file versions and it appears to have updated the files correctly!

Out of curiosity I then installed ASUpdater v1.1.4.0 which was linked to in a previous post and ran the Update again and now bothe versions of ASupdater report that the lastest version is installed, so I can only assume that there is a problem in ASUpdater v1.1.5.0 somewhere.

Regards

Mark.

Don't know if this is the same problem or not My updater says I'm on 1.0.1.0 and that Experimental Version 1.0.1.3 is available it appears to copy the files and install including RAAS it says it's complete but if I then run it again it still says I'm on 1.0.1.0

Copy of log below.

Regular as well as experimental updates are available for installation

Prepar3D 4.x found: (K:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)

Product Name: Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: K:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

Installed version: 1.0.1.0
Available version: 1.0.1.3 / Experimental Update 1.0.1.3
Update Description:
Aerosoft A319/A319 professional
Thursday, July 24, 2018

This text holds the information we gathered after the manual was created.

---------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- For all support, come to our forum: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/

HISTORY

1.0    online release for P3d V.4

1.0.0.1    Animation issue solved on A319 CFM window
    All DLL's  recompiled with very latest SDK, might solve the St-Elmo's issue
    Vol 9 manual corrected
    Start menu item to livery manager added
    Small tweak to StepbyStep

1.0.1.1    EXPERIMENTAL
    Tweaks to onboard printer to solve issues with IVAO/VATSIm Weather and HOPPIE
    Changes to PED announcement
    Small tweaks to animation timing
    Fixed possible hang condition on checklist (close door issue on forum)
    Cchanges to loading sequence (possible effect on st elmo's fire issue)
    Fix for fuel reset on multiple engine starts
    Fix for posssile FADEC unpowered issue

1.0.1.2    EXPERIMENTAL
    New Company Route Editor
    Fix for freezing displays
    Diverse fixes and improvements for checklists 
    RAAS Pro now activated

1..01.3    EXPERIMENTAL
    Tweak to checklist regarding exterior lights
    Livery Manager updated
    MCDU tweaks:
        Added message: "ENTER DEST DATA", see #1020;
        Change: ATC button will be linked to AOC no more, see #1024;
        Change: CSTRs now can be deleted directly from F-PLN page, see #981;
        Fix: the ALT CSTR window (from database) persisted after a manual input, see "index.php?/topic/137638-altitude-restriction-on-descent-isnt-changing/";
        Fix: the VOR crs field in RAD NAV page stood empty after user input, see "index.php?/topic/137752-cant-setting-up-a-vor-course/";
        Minor change in CHECK APPR SELECTION message;
        Minor changes in VERT REV page.
    Vol 9 fixes

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

- http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/881-whats-not-completed-what-are-we-working-on/

TIPS:

- Use the mouse wheel to control the switches and knobs!

FREE ACROBAT READER

The manual for the download version is created in Adobe Acrobat format. 
You can always get the latest version from : www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

Copyright (c) 2018 Aerosoftgmbh 
All Rights Reserved.

Downloading and unpacking Version_1013_EXP\Airplanes.zip...
Installing Version_1013_EXP\Airplanes.zip...
Downloading and unpacking Version_1013_EXP\AddonMain.zip...
Installing Version_1013_EXP\AddonMain.zip...
Downloading and unpacking Version_1013_EXP\General.zip...
Installing Version_1013_EXP\General.zip...
C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Aerosoft\General\FS2Crew RAAS AA P3DV4.exe complete!
Update complete!

Same updater problem here. (was also posted in german part of the Forum)

After finishing update from 1.0.1.2 to 1.0.1.3 updater dont Show version change.

Solution: Downgrade to updater 1.1.4.0

Now he has finished update successful.

Wolfgang

Since last update (to 1.1.3.0, a week or so) of the ASUpdater, when I try to run the application, I am stucked in a 0% download (attached image)...

Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

Thanks

Marcelo

On 26.7.2018 at 18:48, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I updated the ASUpdater to work properly now. But since we didn't expect a case like yours, you need a modified version of the XML file from your products folder. Please copy the attached file to <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products and run the Updater again. This time you should be able to download the new versions.

as_a318_a319_prof.xml

Today i had the chance to test it... asupdater works now but it says that the folder not exists.....

Reguläre und experimentelle Aktualisierungen werden angezeigt

Prepar3D 4.x gefunden: (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)

:
 folder does not exist!
*** Dieses Produkt wird für Aktualisierungen nicht berücksichtigt! ***
Reguläre und experimentelle Aktualisierungen werden angezeigt

Ok, when I run version 1.1.4.0 of the Updater, I have no products listed as Installed on the Left side of the app. What can I do to get the Updater to run correctly. Also I do not see the Updater listed under Windows Programs.

Regards

As well, I don't think I can even do a reinstall to update to the latest version since my download version is currently only v1.1.0.0.  I would really prefer not to go that route anyway, which would defeat the purpose of the Updater.

Regards

Just reinstalled version 1.1.0.0. How do I update to the latest version? BTW the new install did not install The Updater folder nor can I access it by way of the Windows start menu. There was not a Full installer under my account, so I am not able to update by that method. I know I have updated the CRJ before as well using the updater app. I would like to find out why this updater works for others but not myself.

Thanks

Without access to the ASupdater, is it possible to download a full installer with the latest version? My account has version 1.1.0.0 only.

Anyway maybe this information will help:

I found my ASUpdater folder under:

\...OneDrive\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\

My Asupdater.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! -->
<ASUpdater Installed="1.1.4.0" />

My Products xml:

Airbus Professional xml:

<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! AEROSOFT SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU DO! -->
<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional" Platform="P3D4" AUID="as_a318_a319_prof" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional">
     <Version Installed="1.1.0.0" />
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

CRJ xml:

<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X" Platform="P3D4" AUID="crj700900x_p3d4" UseAddonXML="0" AddonName="">
    <Version Installed="1.2.0.0" />
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

Does my xml file look OK?

Also here's the Updater text:

Prepar3D 4.x found: (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)
Flight Simulator X found: (D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\)

Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional:
The server version file could not be loaded!
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_a318_a319_prof/asupdater.xml
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 78.47.8.81:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.GetProductList()
*** This product will be ignored! *** ?????????
Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X:
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/crj700900x_fsx/asupdater.xml
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 78.47.8.81:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X:
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/crj700900x_p3d4/asupdater.xml
ASUpdater version info: An error occured!
   at ASUpdaterLib.CUpdaterInfo.GetAvailableVersion(String server)

Thanks

10 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Without access to the ASupdater, is it possible to download a full installer with the latest version? My account has version 1.1.0.0 only.

Anyway maybe this information will help:

I found my ASUpdater folder under:

\...OneDrive\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\

My Asupdater.xml:

<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! -->
<ASUpdater Installed="1.1.4.0" />

My Products xml:

Airbus Professional xml:

<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional" Platform="P3D4" AUID="as_a318_a319_prof" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional">
     <Version Installed="1.1.0.0" />
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

CRJ xml:

<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X" Platform="P3D4" AUID="crj700900x_p3d4" UseAddonXML="0" AddonName="">
    <Version Installed="1.2.0.0" />
  </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

Does my xml file look OK?

Also here's the Updater text:

Prepar3D 4.x found: (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)
Flight Simulator X found: (D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\)

Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional:
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_a318_a319_prof/asupdater.xml
Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X:
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/crj700900x_fsx/asupdater.xml
Aerosoft CRJ 700/900X:
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/crj700900x_p3d4/asupdater.xml
ASUpdater version info: An error occured!
   at ASUpdaterLib.CUpdaterInfo.GetAvailableVersion(String server)

Thanks

If you need more info please let me know.

Regards

Can you please check to see if you have two "Documents" folders on your system, with one being connected to MS OneDrive?

If so, I believe this is the cause of the issue.

As I've never had this issue, all I could do is speculate and try different things.  My suggestion is to uninstall the Airbus, remain the One Drive folder to "Documents 1 Drive", and reinstall.  I recommend the procedure below for doing this:

1. Uninstall via the windows program manager.
2. Remove any remaining airbus folders (where ever you installed it to, default location is the documents folder where you'll find
two (2) folders named “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318 A319 Professional”
3. Reboot
4. Disable computer security software.
5. Right click on the airbus installer and select run “as admin”
6. Reinstall the airbus and reboot.
7. Delete the p3dv4.3 shaders folder, which can be found at:
c:\users\[your username]\appdata\local\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4
8. In your computer security software, please exclude the “Aerosoft” and “Aerosoft A318 A319 Professional” folders.
9. Re-enable your computer security software.
10. Launch p3dv4.3, and close immediately after reaching the initial window. Do not load the aircraft.
11. Close p3dv4.3.
12. If you have firewall software, please ensure that you allow the as updater.
13. RUN THE AS UPDATER.

Please let us know if this resolved this for you.

Best wishes!

Archived