The error of the century...dxgi_error_device_hung

cakeisawesome04

Hello! I am not expecting much support because this product is so new but i am getting this dreaded error about an hour into every flight i do with the new bus... dxgi_error_device_hung. (I have attached an image). Windows log keeps no log of this crash because i guess you acknowledge the sim will crash. I have searched and see that this issue has happened to many, and LM just suggests the normal trouble shooting. I have already used DDU and uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers. If anyone has a stable driver version that fixes that this would be great.

My specs are... I5 7600K @3.8 Zotac GTX 1060 6gb default clock speed Windows 10 64bit 8gb ddr4 3200mhz ram and an Asrock z270 extreme 4 mobo

I would love to fly your new product...but this error makes it impossible

Please login to display this image.

I have read around and apparently reducing gpu clock speeds (Mine has a factory boost clock) can help fix the problem...I will do that and then return back for more help

EDIT: Doing so did not stop the problem...anyone have any suggestions?

hello to all

to resolve it you must and not should use an old driver, try one of available at the begining of april, i resolved my problem on my 1080ti factory oc lwith the 391.35

A couple of weeks ago I had also this error. I was using a profile for P3D created with NVidia Inspector. Never I had a problem with this profile. But then NVidia came up with a new driver and this error was shown. P3D continues to run but the screen becomes black.

The solution was to remove the profile. With P3D v4 a profile is not necessary anymore because P3D can cope with anti aliasing very well now.

Snoopy_belgium

• Deputy Sheriffs

That leads me to the suggestion:
Guys stop using all those fancy tweaking tools and tweaks you find elsewhere. IMHO and from what we have seen in support, they are in 99% of all cases useless, but can cause a lot of problems as most users simply do not understand what such tools can do on their individual system. P3D is currently in a state making all these things obsolete.

So other then a Dev, e.g. from LM, advises you to use a tool to solve your individual problem, simply get rid of it.

Archived