STEP-BY-STEP: How to manually insert liveries

ive been trying this on multiple liveries and for some reason every one of them come back with the same problem as stated before the main panel only is visible   if the flood is on otherwise its black....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Here the long folder name can make problem. Prepar3D V4 got for some reason a maximum limit on characters for a complete path. It can be you exceeded that length. You can try to shorten back the livery folder name too BA_OOSSR. Not forget to adapt also

the line:            texture    = BA_OOSSR

Thanks now it works :)

On 7/13/2018 at 5:59 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

You missed that at least:

Update of the texture.cfg in the livery. Not showing cockpit textures point to a missing link to the fallback repository...

[fltsim]
      fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
      fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

I have done everything on this page. When I go into the livery, all of this is already done and correct just as you have it but I still have these errors. What should I try next?

On 7/13/2018 at 1:37 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

A319 CFM:
               Model.DAIBA - Classic A319 CFM (f.ex. old pre-SatDome D-AIBA) (former model= )

A319 IAE:
              Model.GDBCF - Classic A319 IAE (f.ex G-DBCF) (former model= )

I figured out what 'former model' means.  it is NOT Cindy Crawford.

It means that if the livery you downloaded's cfg file text has "model=" (in other words, a blank model designator) then you use model=DAIBA for CFM engine, or model=GDBCF for IAE engine.

At least that is what I have found that seems to work so far with the older liveries I have manually installed.

I found when I tried to do this with a few different liveries I got the black tail and cockpit as well, I also found the black tail occurred on the default liveries after install of old liveries as well, deleting the change to the aircraft cfg (the old liveries manual entry fltsim.. 7 I think) restored the old liveries to working order. Or at least I think that's what did it. Black tail has happened on all manual and liverymanager installed (listed as updated in livery post) old liveries.

For those having trouble with some liveries try this...… copy the texture file from a working default livery and REPLACE the existing one in the texture folder you are trying to add. Then copy the texture folder to the appropriate airbus folder. Next open the aircraft config file and copy the complete entry for any of the default aircraft and paste at the bottom of the section after the last aircraft entry. Then change number to the next in sequence IE if the copied text is .7 then your new entry will be .8 and change the entries in the copied section regarding the title=, airline= and texture= entries and voila save the file and load up the sim and your new livery will show up and work perfectly. 

A dirty work around but has worked for me. I have tried all of the Air Canada liveries and the rouge and was getting the same problem as mentioned here until I tried these steps. 

5 hours ago, JorgenBolseth said:

I can't get this livery to work, even though I have followed your instructions. I have tried to set model=DAIBA, without any luck.

Jorgen I got this livery to work.  

Remember it is a CFM livery so install it in the A319 CFM folder.  (For me, D:\Aircraft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A319 CFM Professional\texture.SWISS HB-IPV)

And be sure to use DAIBA as the model for it.  Also make sure your texture.cfg is set up as follows:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

Stefan wrote: "There needs to be compiled a new livery manager now to work with the Professional version, which will be soon on the way." 

Will it be out before the 320/321 packages arrive and before an official SP1 update?

Hi everyone,

Initially, I added a TAP A319 livery following the tutorial placed at the beginning of this topic. Everything went just fine. Yesterday I followed the same steps when adding manually a SWISS livery for the A319 and I got an error message ("Error: Log file could not be generated!" - s. attached file/figure):

Please login to display this image.

I had to completely reinstall the Airbus Professional aircraft before having things working again, which is now the case with both liveries mentioned above. My question is: does one have to update any other files/folders related to the Airbus Professional software in order not to get the shown error message. Thanks in advance...

Kind regards,

Marco

The Add-on livery situation is not good.  I feel strongly that the Aerosoft developers, the experts, should correct the add-on liveries so that we the consumers do not have to use the fiddly method to ready them for this version.  Also like others I have found that a successful change for one, does not mean the same for another livery.  Come-on Mathijis you have run a strong and aggressive forum through the development, but the problems still have not gone away in your timetable.  SP1 not here yet, the 320 out to four to six weeks and I assume the 330 is quite indeterminate.

Vor 1 Stunde, Markito sagte:

Hi everyone,

Initially, I added a TAP A319 livery following the tutorial placed at the beginning of this topic. Everything went just fine. Yesterday I followed the same steps when adding manually a SWISS livery for the A319 and I got an error message ("Error: Log file could not be generated!" - s. attached file/figure):

Please login to display this image.

I had to completely reinstall the Airbus Professional aircraft before having things working again, which is now the case with both liveries mentioned above. My question is: does one have to update any other files/folders related to the Airbus Professional software in order not to get the shown error message. Thanks in advance...

Kind regards,

Marco

Installing a livery manually not can harm the whole simulator. It will simply not show at all or work not correct. You insert only a folder with additional textures which runs separate from the others and do links to models. The log issue must be caused by something different.

vor 45 Minuten, macca22au sagte:

The Add-on livery situation is not good.  I feel strongly that the Aerosoft developers, the experts, should correct the add-on liveries so that we the consumers do not have to use the fiddly method to ready them for this version.  Also like others I have found that a successful change for one, does not mean the same for another livery.  Come-on Mathijis you have run a strong and aggressive forum through the development, but the problems still have not gone away in your timetable.  SP1 not here yet, the 320 out to four to six weeks and I assume the 330 is quite indeterminate.

We are already in contact with the coder of the LiveryManager to apapt this software to the actual needs.

vor 21 Stunden , Jlunddk sagte:

Stefan wrote: "There needs to be compiled a new livery manager now to work with the Professional version, which will be soon on the way." 

Will it be out before the 320/321 packages arrive and before an official SP1 update?

We hope so.

On 16.7.2018 at 18:31, flydk sagte:

Have got the SAT dome to work on a old livery but how do i get  it with Sharklets as well ..?

The is only one livery now for the SAT dome, D-AIBA with new LH colors. The livery and the model are tight together. No other livery should be tried with this combination, if its not painted for this situation.

10 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The log issue must be caused by something different.

I think it is caused by an Addon-Organizer I use. Never mind... Thanks anyway.

On 16.7.2018 at 18:31, flydk sagte:

Have got the SAT dome to work on a old livery but how do i get  it with Sharklets as well ..?

Enlight us with your wisdom please. For sure more guys are interested to learn this technics.

My sympathy now gets less....'we are also in contact with the coder of the Livery Manager'...why now, why not when the development was at a sufficient stage for him/her to be brought in.  I am sorry, but this whole thing smacks of uncertain project manager.  Now I know the fanboys will rush in to your defence.  But I really wanted this Airbus, hung in through the long process, and have now got an incomplete model with a limited range of liveries.  And the wait goes on.

I believe I may have found an error in the guide that may be contributing to so many people's issues. In the aircraft CFG, ui_variation seems to require a different entry then it did in the old airbus package, the ACA rouge livery for example states ui_variation= A319-112 CFM which doesn't seem to be a valid entry for the updated professional product. Hence why Johnnyo411's workaround fixes this as the professional livery DAIBA uses ui_variation=Lufthansa. 

The Liveries work fine in external view!

But it is in the VC the problems appear, with only Flood Lights on, or it is black, so I have no idea how to fix that.

For example Germania D-ASTC repaint, the textures works with PL2WIN with no issues externally, but it is in the VC the problem appear, as many others as well have problems with, that some parts of the VC are all black with Flood Lights OFF, and also black squares with Flood Lights on.

Think it is some VC coding problems who is responsible, that it doesn`t read all files.

Archived