STEP-BY-STEP: How to manually insert liveries

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR MANUALLY IMPORTING LIVERIES
(C)2018 Stefan Hoffmann V1.00

1. Important for repainters only: For full working, the mainpanel texture must be replaced against a new one,
    template is provided under

There is an registration-less new mainpanel texture linked as fallback, in case
   the painkit  was not adapted yet. So also old paintkits which have not been
   adapted yet regarding the mainpanel can be  flown, however with empty
   registration yet.

The content of bitmaps stays exactly the same, with one exemption:
   As the registration placard should visually be in one flow with the rest of the VC
   aesthetics, a new mainpanel texture was introduced. It contains the pure background
   and a long string containing all the needed symbols for doing registrations plus
   an alternate speed placard for the A321, which features higher critical speeds.
   This can be switched in the painting app on and off via visibility conditions simply.
   Also a lot of existing registrations are already there, as an impression how to work
   it out,  all organized via switchable layers.

2. Manually insert repaints

a) copy the livery folder into the corresponding aircraft folder
       (A318,A319 CFM, A319 IAE...)

b) exchange content inside texture.cfg (resting within the livery folder) to the following content:

[fltsim]
      fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
      fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

c) access aircraft.cfg in the root aircraft folder

c1) add the paragraph FLTSIM.X provided with your livery at the end
             of the leading paragraph list ( and in front of [AIRPLANE_GEOMETRY])

[FLTSIM.X]
          title                           = Airbus A319 Adria Airways S5-AAP
          sim                             = A319IAE
          model                       =
          panel                         =
          sound                        =
          texture                      = ADRIA
          etc...

c2) change within the paragraphs leading [FLTSIM.X] the 'X'-Entry to a value X+1

respecting the last already existing entry; so if the last entry was f.ex. 4,

your new entry should read:
            [FLTSIM.5]

c3) inside the paragraph, the third entry reads 'model   ='.

This links your livery to a special external geometrical model. As they often
            repeat, the livery consists only of bitmaps and the much smaller number
            of models is provided with the download product. So you have to link the livery
            to the corresponding model. The name needed to be set in, is the string chain
            after the point in 'model.xxxxx' (residing in the specific aircraft root folder).

In following there is provided a list which model folders correspond with which

external model, so you can decide what to fill in there on your own.

The old empty entry Model= is not featured anymore for the basic CFM or

IAE models and must be reset following the list too.

A318 CFM:
                Model.A318EliteCJ - Coorporate Jet with alternate window set (f.ex A6-ACJ)
                Model.AF_FGUGA - AirFrance A318 CFM Standard (f.ex. F-GUGA)
                Model.BA_GEUNA - BritshAirways A318 CFM Standard (f.ex G-EUNA)

A319 CFM:
               Model.DAIBA - Classic A319 CFM (f.ex. old pre-SatDome D-AIBA) (former model= )
               Model.CFMSAT - Classic A319 CFM with SatDome like current LH D-AIBA
               Model.PL2WIN - Classic A319 CFM with added rearward windows (f.ex G-EZAX)
               Model.SHARKLET - Sharklet A319 CFM (f.ex. N8001N)

A319 IAE:
              Model.GDBCF - Classic A319 IAE (f.ex G-DBCF) (former model= )
              Model.PL2WIN - Classic A319 IAE with added rearward windows (f.ex old GW D-AGWZ)
              Model.PL2WINSAT - Classic A319 IAE, added rear windows/satdome (f.ex. EW D-AGWZ)
              Model.SHARKLET - Sharklet A319 IAE (f.ex N703AV)

Those were all steps for now. Happy flying. The document is actualized again, once the
A320 and A321 package is released.

- END OF DOCUMENT V1.00 -

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Stefan for the tutorial. I followed the steps and the aircraft appeared in the P3D list put when loading the aircraft I got this result for both internal and external views.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Faisal,

could you give us a link to the livery you used there? Could it probably include some files for the VC which now cause this problem with the new Airbus?

vor 4 Minuten, HZ-AKA sagte:

Thank you Stefan for the tutorial. I followed the steps and the aircraft appeared in the P3D list put when loading the aircraft I got this result for both internal and external views.

You missed that at least:

Update of the texture.cfg in the livery. Not showing cockpit textures point to a missing link to the fallback repository...

[fltsim]

Sorry my bad. Did the texture file and the cockpit is fine now, but still the exterior model looks same as above.

This is the link to the download: 

Hi Stefan.  I am seeing the same black tail issue as Faisal on the exterior model of this livery:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4656-british-midland-international-g-dbck-airbus-a319-iae/

I have the model line as GDBCF in the aircraft.cfg but have tried others to no avail.

Thanks

Slado

2 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

in the aircraft.cfg set at model line:

model = DAIBA

???

I had it set to PL2WIN. Now I changed it to DAIBA and it fixed the issue. 

Thanks for the help ;

vor 1 hour , Slado sagte:

Hi Stefan.  I am seeing the same black tail issue as Faisal on the exterior model of this livery:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4656-british-midland-international-g-dbck-airbus-a319-iae/

I have the model line as GDBCF in the aircraft.cfg but have tried others to no avail.

Thanks

Slado

Hi Slado!

I just checked the livery itself in its download position. When you check the screenshots carefully there is an additional window at the tail, last position. I think the repainter itself used the wrong model. So set the model line too      PL2WIN   instead    GDBCF

and it should work. The tail textures have different names, for additional window and none additional window, to not accidently use the wrong set on a model.

Thanks for the response Stefan.  I have tried PL2WIN in the model line but am still seeing the same thing.  No worries, Im sure I will be able to pick up a BMI livery from one of the very talented painters at some point :)

Hello, I am having the same issue mentioned above. I tried all the model possibilities but to no avail.

Here are the liveries used:

Thanks in advance! 

Hey Stefan,

just figure I'd add this to your detailed steps here: NOTE WELL this is the example used for the SATCOM, you may have to do similar for the others.

so, after adding the CFMSAT in the aircraft config file, you go in the texture folder (of the older version livery) and look for AS_A319_EXTTAIL_C and AS_A319_EXTTAIL_S  and DUPLICATE them. Then, you will rename them AS_A319_EXTTAILSAT_C and AS_A319_EXTTAILSAT_S .

Finally, you copy and rename the texture file and copy over the new panel texture AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C and you are good to go.

Regards,

P'Rez

That is wrong. There exists only one CFMSAT livery/model now, which i just created for the release. NEVER copy textures between liveries.They are complete in theirselfes, you

will mess them up with copying here and there.

This is far too complicated for a Payware product. Why doesn't Aerosoft provide a simple organized method of installing liveries?

The previous version livery compatibility should have at least been forseen prior to release. Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, eserafinojr said:

This is far too complicated for a Payware product. Why doesn't Aerosoft provide a simple organized method of installing liveries?

The previous version livery compatibility should have at least been forseen prior to release. Just my 2 cents.

they did see it and also said it in the preview section. However, one must remember that if they were to get everything fixed at once, the plane would never be released....

It seems that a reboot is necessary after changing the model line in the aircraft.cfg as I changed the model to GDBCF in the config for the BMI livery by gustavoaguiar that I was trying to use and after a system reboot it is now working.

goodday,

I have use the Turkish airlines A319 IAE livery it dasn't works in the livery manager i can see the aircraft but when i open P3D there is no picture availble. when I use THY and loading p3D i cant see the aircraft.. i have all the steps done...

I can move the camera but cant see the livery

Alperi: The livery manager you use, is only for the old versions of the product. We had to change the pathes due a Prepar3D limitation shortly before release and had no time to update it.

But the differences are minor:

Follow the steps to get your livery running:

1. exchange text in texture.cfg in livery path to:

[fltsim]

2. in the aircraft.cfg text paragraph coming with the livery exchange in line 'model ='

model = GDBCF

3. Restart sim and happy flying....

vor 11 Stunden , eserafinojr sagte:

Aerosoft got an organized method with the livery manager. Sadly we had to change the folder names shortly before release due a Prepar3D technical limitation.

There needs to be compiled a new livery manager now to work with the Professional version, which will be soon on the way. Installing addon liveries  then becomes

as easy as before.

But you must not wait. Being a good pilot sometimes let´s you shine with your improvisational talents.

Simply follow the steps and there you go again with the livery of your dreams:

1. exchange text in texture.cfg in livery path to:

[fltsim]

2. in the aircraft.cfg text paragraph coming with the livery exchange in line 'model ='

A319 CFM (classic, non PL2WIN)

model = DAIBA

A319 IAE (classic, non PL2WIN)

model = GDBCF

3. Restart sim and happy flying....

On 13.7.2018 at 17:22, F97 sagte:

Hello, I am having the same issue mentioned above. I tried all the model possibilities but to no avail.

Here are the liveries used:

Thanks in advance! 

Simply follow the STEP-BY-STEP tutorial at the top. If you can follow a checklist, you will master also this...

Hello,

soo ive followed this step-by-step guide.

It worked on the outside texturing

But sadly on the inside not that much the main panel is only visible with the flood lights on.

Ill also give you screenshots of the the files

Hope you can help,

Lisler

Hy,

I followed all steps and with some liveries it works but with this one i get problems in the VC

aircraft.cfg

[FLTSIM.8]
title                            = Airbus A319 Brussels Airlines OO-SSR
sim                                = A319
model                            = DAIBA
panel                            =
sound                            =
texture                          = Brussels Airlines OO-SSR
kb_checklists                    = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                     = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                            = OO-SSR
atc_airline                      = Brussels Airlines
atc_flight_number              = 1000
ui_manufacturer                 = Airbus
ui_type                           = A319-112 CFM
ui_variation                     = Brussels Airlines
ui_typerole                      = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                       = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types               = GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = BEL
description                        = Airbus A319 - 112 CFM / Brussels Airlines OO-SSR \nRepaint by S. Van der Borght

Texture.cfg

[fltsim]

vor 4 Stunden , bountylord sagte:

Brussels Airlines OO-SSR

Here the long folder name can make problem. Prepar3D V4 got for some reason a maximum limit on characters for a complete path. It can be you exceeded that length. You can try to shorten back the livery folder name too BA_OOSSR. Not forget to adapt also

the line:            texture    = BA_OOSSR

Archived