Close Doors

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note from my past experience.

When closing doors after fuel/cargo loading I leave the "Front Left" door open.

When the CL asks to close doors I use Shift+E, the door closes and the CL continues.

I seem to recall getting this issue on the old bus too so I made sure I always left that door open to ensure that the checklist worked.

I use the same process with the new bus and I have had no problems...so far.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , canuck21a sagte:

Just a note from my past experience.

When closing doors after fuel/cargo loading I leave the "Front Left" door open.

When the CL asks to close doors I use Shift+E, the door closes and the CL continues.

I seem to recall getting this issue on the old bus too so I made sure I always left that door open to ensure that the checklist worked.

I use the same process with the new bus and I have had no problems...so far.

But do you also have the problem like described by many users in this thread that if you do it the "normal" way your CL hangs after the Cockp. Prep. CL? I am asking because then this would be "workaround" for them.......

Regards,

Rolf

21 minutes ago, Hanse said:

But do you also have the problem like described by many users in this thread that if you do it the "normal" way your CL hangs after the Cockp. Prep. CL? I am asking because then this would be "workaround" for them.......

Regards,

Rolf

I will check this out on my next flight.

I started a new flight using C&D.

Opened PAX and CARGO doors

Used Loadsheet and Instant Load

Returned to Doors page

Closed all doors leaving Front Left to the last.

After closing this door the announcement came that all pax were onboard.

.... cont'd normal setup

When ready for Check List started cockpit prep checklist.

When Close Doors came up MCDU flashes CLOSE DOORS but no option to skip.

I then used the keyboard Shift+E

The P3D door closing message came up and then the announcement came again.

The checklist then cont'd.

All good now !

Perhaps the CL might be made a bit brighter and know that the doors had been closed and carry on without the manual keyboard entry?

Sort of like the parking brake that is sensed during pushback?

Edit:

After-thought.

When I pressed Shift+E the sim displayed "Main Door/Exit Closing". Sort of suggests that using the MCDU did not tell the sim that the main door had been closed?

I have found a workaround after a lot of testing.

I played around with the aircraft states via the secret MCDU.

I noticed that whenever i loaded up the "Taxi State" and then returned to C&D, the closed doors will be recognised and my flight crew will inform me that all passengers are on board.

So I saved my default flight in "Taxi state" and also set the taxi state as default. Then I can select C&D. From there on everything is normal.

I don't know if theres a problem with the checklist if the "bus" is saved in a default flight? (I have turned panel serialisation to off).

Best regards

I’ve tried three flights now and got stuck on close doors each time. 

I’m using the Copilot function so I don’t see how I could have missed a previous step. 

vor 40 Minuten, ggi sagte:

Hi Quattrofanatic - can you explain what C&D is short for?

C&D = Cold an Dark = Everything is shut down

I also have the door problem described above in connection with the checklist. From this point on (see picture), the checklist will no go further to the next step.

Please login to display this image.

Just the question was does "Slide" mean when the doors are cloosed?
From my logic "Slide" means that doors are in movement and that is the reason why the Checklist stop working and flashing the report "Close Doors" ?

Regards, Wolfgang

For information. I thought I would try the checklist from a C&D config and all went well. As soon as the doors were closed, the checklist continued as it should. Next I tried again from 'Turn Around' state and this time when the doors were closed, I had no problem and the checklist continued. Those experiencing this problem might like to try to run the Checklist from C&D and then see what happens when they run again from 'Turn Around' state. It might solve the problem.

Gee8ch

I have now tried all that several ways round closing P3D, opening with other aircraft,  closing all the doors before starting the checklists and there is obviously some sort of a bug in the checklist system. It can’t be consistently failing like this can it? 

It looks like this needs some attention but frankly the rest of the aircraft seems absolutely great I look forward to flying it more. 

Good afternoon all

so, I don’t want to throw a ‘spanner in the works’ here, but I have encountered the same issue.  I always start any flight from cold & dark (I prefer it that way) and always get stuck on ‘close doors’.

Personally, it isn’t a massive issue for me; however, it is frustrating and I can see why others would also find it frustrating too.

At the end of he day, this is a brand new product and there are bound to be teething problems.

If a fix becomes available, please let me know, but until then, I’ll be flying with my doors ‘open’ ;)

Archived