Close Doors

When running through the checklists and auto FO selected ON, I get a Close Doors caption on the FMC. This does not cancel when the doors are closed. I cannot access the rest of the checklist as it thinks I have not closed the doors.

Workaround = Set aircraft to Taxi state in the FMC.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi maxro confirming cargo and main doors all closed. External view confirms all doors closed. ECAM confirms doors closed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, sorry could you please explain the issue a little bit more....... First you have ran the Cockpit Preparation CL and when it had finished you got the message on the INFOBAR to close all doors. Then you used the MCDU 3 to close all doors and it was confirmed on the MCDU3, looking outside and on the ECAM? And what happened then? Did the BEFORE START CL not start?

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ed,

what states the MCDU 3 DOOR page? Are all doors in "white"?

Regards,

Rolf

OK, I set the aircraft as before, i.e:

Aircraft State: Turn around State

Parking Brakes: set

Chocks: set

Boarding, cargo and fuel loading: complete

Please login to display this image.

Closed all doors:

Can't continue with the CL, as the "close doors" stays on flashing:

Apparently this is not unique as other users reported the same. Would appreciate if any of the AS developers could have a look.

Thanks Ed

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ed,

I am the developer of the CL. So you are talking to the right person. My problem is that I cannot reproduce it e. g. on my system everything is working fine and currently I have no clue what could cause this issue on your system.......But I will talk to the other developer responsible for the door system and will be back soon.......

Regards,

Rolf

I have the same problem. Is the proper function conditional on having filled all the weights into the MCDU on the Init Page? Because I forgot to do that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ed,

our current problem is that we cannot reproduce it and it seems that only a few users experience this problem. So the next step would be to find out what those users make different and / or what is different with their setup. Therefore one question to all users haveing this problem: Did you use the standard installation folder like C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus A318-A319 Professional or any other folder resp. drive?

regards,

Rolf

C:\Myaddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

for me, but that was the default setting.

Regards

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 10 Minuten, ggi sagte:

C:\Myaddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

for me, but that was the default setting.

Regards

Gary

Gary, that is not the default installation folder. It is C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus A318-A319 Professional ...... I do not know what problems might occur using a different folder ........

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe to make it a bit clearer:

The Airbus Pro supports the new install method introduced by LM, that means that you can choose whatever location you want. E.g. my addons for P3d reside under G:\Addons.

Whenever you install an Aerosoft product under your specific addon folder, the next Aerosoft installer you run chooses automatically this folder. In the documents folder Rolf mentioned are only some generic folders installed, like the flightplan and navdata folder.

Rolf

I have my "Documents" folder on another drive.  But I did  a search and coud not find any "Airbus A318-A319 Professional" folder!

In my "Documents" folder I have a "Aerosoft* folder with the foll contents/sub-folders:

ASUpdater

DC8

Digital Aviation CRJ

General - which has several sub-folders related to the A3XX:

Company Route Editor

Connect Pro

Flightplans

NavData

Navigraph

TerrOnND

Flight Recorder

That's it.

Thanks for all your help

Ed

Using the default installation path, looks like I am also having the same issue now that I can hear the checklist.  I cycled through all of the doors just to make sure, but checklist is still stuck on 'close doors'  Without knowing what the trigger is that continues the checklist aside from closing the doors, not sure what else to test to determine the issue.

I've reinstalled in the C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus A318-A319 Professional as requested. Fresh download from AS server.

I have exactly the same issue with using MCDU3 to close the doors once pax/cargo/fuel are loaded, ECAM shows doors all closed and slides armed, yet checklist still jams at close doors.

The checklist for preflight all work as expected but I cannot move onto prestart as the Close Doors caption appears in the header and MCDU3.

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,

please be patient. I am already working with Ed on this e. g. first we need to find which of the various prerequisite variable to start the BEFORE START CL is not met . Keep you informed......

Regards,

Rolf

Dear Aerosoft team,

this is the first time I am writing in this forum, even though I am an avid reader here.

First of all, let me start by thanking everyone at AS to make the brand new "busses". Absolutely stunning product! It was absolutely worth the wait. Also thanks to Mathijs for the great updates in the preview forum.

As to the above problematic, I have the same problem. Stuck with a "close doors" notification even though all doors are closed.

Best Regards,

Sven

Archived