DB File for Terrain On ND could not be opened=>

Stoneman101

• Deputy Sheriffs

and again, whar we see there is totally wrong. do th following, open the Winows Explorer, on left pane below „This Computer“ right click on documents, choose properties, then path and post a screenshot like this

Please login to display this image.

And one more time:what is your user account in Windows? Is it the Administrator account?

i really do appreciate your help with this!  Is there a way I can manually install the airbus?  So then I know all the files are where they are supposed to be?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your documents folder is read only. This is only the case if you are currently not logged in as "Stoneman" into your Windows. 

So again the question: with what user are you currently logged in into your Windows? 

I'm in complete agreement with Tom et al. 

At this point, I think a complete re-installation of Windows is in order.  This will save you a lot of time troubleshooting, and from what you have shared I think any troubleshooting would be a waste of time.  A new install of Windows is really your best bet.

Regarding why other programs are running okay?  They arne't using the same resources as P3D uses.

Best wishes.

• Developer

Can you open a command window (Windows + R, then enter CMD and press return), enter the command "SET" and post a screenshot of the "USERPROFILE" variable please?

It should look somewhat like this:

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Stoneman101: TBH we asked you several times to give as certain answer or perform certain tasks, but you didnt do it. So IMHO it is totally useless to give you any further help and I am out here.

In all due respect, mopperele I have answered everything. I'm not a computer wizard by any means, Your tone us rude and unproductive.

If you are an officer of Aerosoft, I would gladly take a refund from you, there are plenty of others companies that I do can do business with.  

2 hours ago, Stoneman101 said:

In all due respect, mopperele I have answered everything. I'm not a computer wizard by any means, Your tone us rude and unproductive.

If you are an officer of Aerosoft, I would gladly take a refund from you, there are plenty of others companies that I do can do business with.  

In defense of Mopperele, he is correct.  He and Tom asked you several times for specific and important answers which may have lead to our being able to help you, but instead of answering you created new posts. Life is very busy for our moderators and they can become a bit frustrated when they are trying to help someone who is non-responsive. Things are amplified in this respect during the first week of post release when they are a bit overwhelmed.  I can understand that you may be frustrated as well, but effective communication has to exist if we're going to help you.  Along this line, you didn't respond to me either.

We're here and willing to help you as much as we can, but at this point it certainly appears that you're having Windows issues and you either need to reinstall Windows or contact Microsoft for support.

I'll leave this thread open for a bit, but my best advise is to contact Microsoft for support and show them the same information you provided us.

Best wishes.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In defense of Mopperele, he is correct.  He and Tom asked you several times for specific and important answers which may have lead to our being able to help you, but instead of answering you created new posts. Life is very busy for our moderators and they can become a bit frustrated when they are trying to help someone who is non-responsive. Things are amplified in this respect during the first week of post release when they are a bit overwhelmed.  I can understand that you may be frustrated as well, but effective communication has to exist if we're going to help you.  Along this line, you didn't respond to me either.

We're here and willing to help you as much as we can, but at this point it certainly appears that you're having Windows issues and you either need to reinstall Windows or contact Microsoft for support.

I'll leave this thread open for a bit, but my best advise is to contact Microsoft for support and show them the same information you provided us.

Best wishes.

The questions I asked, and the answers that I received got me to a workaround that I thought would have fixed the problems.  Not to mention the the other thoughts of all that helped me to agree with the full windows reinstall.  It has been 3 years since I did a full redux, maybe it's time.  Again, the thoughts of all had send me almost getting it fixed, and avoiding a full install, had me feeling like the English Football team going for the glory only to wind up in 4th.  Thanks to all and sorry as well, PS does anyone have the map the files and where they are to go, from the download so I can search my computer for said files and make sure they are in the correct and corresponding files.  Once that task takes place, in theory the aircraft should work.

14 minutes ago, Stoneman101 said:

The questions I asked, and the answers that I received got me to a workaround that I thought would have fixed the problems....

I would like to take a looksie at your Windows installation to see if we can figure out what's wrong. Send me your Skype / Discord info in a private message if you're interested.

2 hours ago, Fragged^2 said:

I would like to take a looksie at your Windows installation to see if we can figure out what's wrong. Send me your Skype / Discord info in a private message if you're interested.

What time zone are you in?  I'm in Greenville South Carolina.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived