DB File for Terrain On ND could not be opened=>

Stoneman101

I wouldn't think that a computer security program would have created this issue, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Can you check your security software history to see if it played a role in this?

Best wishes.

I've uninstalled 5 times and even changed install location to program file instead of program file (X86) still having the same problem.  I can't find that file location at all.  Run as admin ect and still no luck, loads then crashed P3D.   Thoughts?

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/13/2018 at 2:52 PM, mopperle said:

Do you have multiple documents folders, especially one that is connected to OneDrive?

• Aerosoft

Stoneman please read what we advise and ask, just installing the same thing over and over simply makes no sense.

Your registry tells your Operating System where the Documents folder is located. On your system it seems that path is not correct. 

• Aerosoft

I suggest talking to Microsoft about that as it is a Windows issue.  You could also google it, I found a lot (a lot!!) of pages that deal with it. 

The issue is not related to the product, if you Windows is correct the installation will be correct.

OK, fixed that issue, those files were in Windows SysWow64 for some reason, so i moved them to where they should be, but now i'm getting this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94f2a
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x000000000001a06d
Faulting process id: 0x7e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41b8a7450a7b0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6537eb1e-877e-11e8-aa70-d050995bf8c4

And,

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c06d007e, exception address 000007FEFD0DA06D

The fun continues. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is absolutely no way that the installer put that file (or others as well?) into your Windows system folder. 

Something must have went wrong during setup. 

I would suggest you re-install the bus completely. Make sure the run the installer as admin and disable your anti virus software. 

I don't know how but it did..  It's bizarre. I've reinstalled quiet a few time and even downloaded a new installer. 

Do you have a copy of the procedure to uninstall and re-install please? 

installed and now getting this 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94f2a
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x000000000001a06d
Faulting process id: 0x19fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41bc6a0ef6db6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 922a8788-87ba-11e8-ad5f-d050995bf8c4

Are you running the setup as SYSTEM? That Document (Application Updater/Data User) folder path looks like you are. If this is not the case, your Windows installation is messed up.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have to agree with Freged^2, what Windows user account are you using? It doesn't look like any standard account. If you use this all the time and also for other installations I would guess that your Windows in severe trouble.

Weird?  I have never had a problem with windows or any installation of anything.  PD3 runs a smooth as butter.  Looks like I might be screwed and need to get a refund.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You haven't answered the question what kind of Windows account you are using? 

No regular user account stores its data below the Windows\System32 folder. So something must be severely wrong at least with your Windows account. 

Please show us a screenshot of the following folder:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents

Please login to display this image.

I don't know, i thought it was a regular user account.  i added another user on my computer and it looks different

Please login to display this image.

Archived