Light's flickering (due to Reallight not working with SLI)

Ben,

Sorry to hear your having issues.

Are you sure you are running P3Dv4.3?

If so, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the the P3D client.

If that doesn't work, please try uninstalling the Airbus using the Windows Remove Programs, remove any remaining folders, reboot, reinstall and reboot.  Takes about 15 minutes to accomplish this, so it's not too bad.

Hope this resolves your issues.

...people always ask for engine failures and the kind of stuff. Now this is a failure pilots are much more likely to see.

Call maintenance and have an engineer come and meet your aircraft! ;)

Ok, seriously though, which graphic card do you have and how much memory does it have?

hello all my drivers are someday i even try to reinstall Reallight
at the level of my config

sli 1080 gtx 8gb ddr5
 7770k 4.5ghz
 maximus extrem rog
 32 GB of RAM 
ssd 1to

I do not think it comes from my config.

I searched if similar issues happend to other RealLight users. This i found on the TFDi forum (makers of RealLight):

On 26.5.2018 at 16:06, Mejjo sagte:

Hi 

I've done some digging on this situation and it seems to occur if you have V Sync enabled in P3D with frames set to unlimited. The trouble is these settings can't really be changed as it gives my sim the best performance. Hopefully there is some sort of fix or something to fix this issue. 

I've heard a driver update resolves it, or if not, setting your FPS limit to 60 seems to resolve it. Reinstalling Reshade or resetting your overclock have also been reported to fix it. That's all I'm aware of at the moment.

The rendering system we use (that is part of the Prepar3D SDK) does not seem to work particularly well with SLI. We have made them aware of the issue, but disabling SLI should resolve any flickering.

end of quote

make it 3 people with that issue.  Very similar configuration, except I am running two 1070 Founders Editions in SLI.  I'll try disabling that and seeing what happens.  How does one uninstall real light?  There's no uninstaller and it's not in the add/remove programs.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe this issue may be caused by running SLI.  The developer of RealLight has had numerous problems with SLI configurations.

This is exactly what happened to me during beta testing. Kill SLI and all will be OK. You do not need to remove RealLight. TFDI are aware of the SLI issue and are working on it.

Scott

I have the same problem as well, running SLI 1080 and I need that to fly 4K on my system so turning it off is not an option for me. I found out my sim runs a lot smoother in SLI instead of my former 1 1080 setup so happy with that. Really hope Reallight can get a fix soon, the Airbus stays in the hangar untill that date.

Maikel van der Heijden

Archived