GSX not behaving with Airbus

PineappleWizard

I think the GSX config for the Airbus might be a bit broken; some of the doors don't seemed to be named/coded correctly.

Upon loading up and selecting boarding, GSX decides that it needs both a belt loader and a cargo loader at the same time on the front cargo door. Secondly it prompts you to open Exit 2. Upon doing so it then begins boarding and the cargo loader moves up to the cargo door like normal. However, Exit 2 is the 1R door used for catering purposes, which it should not want to use for boarding.

So here you can see the prompt for Exit 2 to open before it will begin the boarding/baggage loading process.

Please login to display this image.

Here you can see after opening 1R that the cargo loader has moved and boarding has begun.

I've also noticed this happen when you request catering. I don't remember exactly but it asks for Exit 3 to open and wouldn't begin the catering until the Aft cargo door was open.

Also apologies for the double topic, I my internet connection seemed to give out when I first submitted the topic.

Go to edit this parking position in GSX and change the front loader and rear loader to conveyor belt only. Apply the changes then go into the top menu bar and go to GSX/Customize aircraft. Change the Main cargo door ( the one you'd see on a cargo aircraft) to no door here in the drop-down menu. Try that out and see if it helps. 

1 hour ago, Icallhertaco said:

Go to edit this parking position in GSX and change the front loader and rear loader to conveyor belt only. Apply the changes then go into the top menu bar and go to GSX/Customize aircraft. Change the Main cargo door ( the one you'd see on a cargo aircraft) to no door here in the drop-down menu. Try that out and see if it helps. 

No dice. I ended up with both a belt and cargo loader at front cargo door and nothing at the aft cargo door. GSX still waits for me to open 1R to start the process.

I had the same issue. My solution was to open the GSX Menue, going to "customize aircraft" and "removing" the cargo door, listed right behind the main exit. 

Here's the answer from the FSDreamteam about it:

That's how GSX always worked, the airplane can have a configuration taken from:

1) The GSX internal data.

2) A GSX.CFG supplied by the developer

3) A GSX.CFG file users can create themselves using the GSX airplane configuration editor

Since the airplane is brand new and Aerosoft never contacted us asking if we could add it before release date (which would have required supplying with a copy before release), option #1 is not available and, since Aereosoft hasn't made a GSX configuration for their airplane, option #2 is not available either, which leaves you with option #3

Now the airplane is out, we might get in touch with Aerosoft to eventually add it to the GSX internal database, like the A320 is.

So either a user, aerosoft or maybe fsdreamteam are needed for create a config.

As a workaround I made my own config. Cargodoor left removed, belt loader manually adjusted. But I can't get the door detection to work, so I set all doors to "door without detection". Now it's working. Does anyone have a working config with door detection?

16 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Hello to all,

we got the A318/319 configuration in the GSX internal database now, just run Live Update and remove any custom configuration you might have made in the meantime

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18111.msg126501.html#msg126501

Awesome, thank you. I will give this a try!

Archived