Very sensitive controls (with Xbox controller)?

Er!k

Hi Aerosoft,

I have an Xbox controller for flying the Airbus. Have set things up like described in the manual (max. sensitivity and no null zone). However, I find the aircraft very sensitive, both on ground and when manually flying. I can easily make a 180 degrees turn and on approach I must not touch the controls too hard...

Hi Erik,

the controls are calibrated to the same sensitivity as the real Airbus.

If you use a joystick with a similar deflection range you will notice it handles very closely to the real thing.

Of course an Xbox controller has only a very small deflection range, therefore it feels very sensitive to you.

10 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi Erik,

the controls are calibrated to the same sensitivity as the real Airbus.

If you use a joystick with a similar deflection range you will notice it handles very closely to the real thing.

Of course an Xbox controller has only a very small deflection range, therefore it feels very sensitive to you.

Hi Emi, thanks for the explanation. Do you have a suggestion what settings to use when using more like a gamepad? I owned the Airbus Extended in the past and I did not have the issue there at all...

46 minutes ago, MatthiasKNU said:

Hi Erik!

I had a similiar problem, in my case I just had to reinstall the drivers for my Logitech Force 3D Pro. That helped for me...

That is worth a try, but I also have the QW787, which behaves fine...

• Aerosoft

The only settings are those of the default sim and you could experiment with those. In my experience the Xbox controllers have a logarithmic scale and you need super sensitive fingers in a flightsim to use them. I would call them close to unusable.

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The only settings are those of the default sim and you could experiment with those. In my experience the Xbox controllers have a logarithmic scale and you need super sensitive fingers in a flightsim to use them. I would call them close to unusable.

Hmm, it worked great in the old bus. Has anything changed regarding this topic?

default will work fine, however I personally would recommend to adjust them to match the movement of your physical joystick with the sidestick in the flightdeck.

vor 12 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

default will work fine, however I personally would recommend to adjust them to match the movement of your physical joystick with the sidestick in the flightdeck.

Allright, thanks.

Archived