Sound popping/clipping issue

PineappleWizard

In the A319 CFM I have noticed that during takeoff, climb and cruise, there is a quiet little clicking sound heard every 2-4 seconds. The sound seems to be panned far to the left. The sound is only noticeable from the VC and it does not change based on position.
For reference I am using good quality headphones headphones.

Hopefully this can be found and fixed soon as the sound is rather annoying indeed.

Hi,

I haven't ever noticed this yet, despite flying with quite a good audio equipment.

Which soundcard do you use and are your sounddrivers up to date?

I don't have a dedicated soudcard, but I do use my motherboards onboard audio routed via hdmi through my monitor and into my headphones. My motherboard is an ASUS Z97-E, and as far as audio drivers they are up to date. As of now I am in the descent and I no longer hear the sound. It might have to do with the engines at a high power setting. I'll see if I can make a quick recording/video of the sound if I hear it again.

Sorry my friend, but I'm not getting any popping sounds and never experienced during testing.

If you're able, would you please uninstall, remove remaining Airbus folders, reboot, reinstall and reboot and then test to see if you still have them?

The above procedure is pretty fast... should only take 15 minutes.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

24 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry my friend, but I'm not getting any popping sounds and never experienced during testing.

If you're able, would you please uninstall, remove remaining Airbus folders, reboot, reinstall and reboot and then test to see if you still have them?

The above procedure is pretty fast... should only take 15 minutes.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Did the reinstall...Loading up a flight now to test it out. Will report back.

You have to turn the volume up, its quiet, but if you hear it once, you will notice every click; as he said, just on the left side! 0:02, 0:04, 0:09, 0:11 are some examples. Iam scared that i will hear the clicking after the video in my Bus too :D 

I turned my volume up all the way now... but I can't hear that noise you talk about.

I played the video at least 10 times now. No way I can hear any popping/clipping. Are you 100% sure it is the Airbus and not something locally generated on your machine?

• Aerosoft

We have seen issue like this with every aircraft release. And we never found a real cause other then that when the effect appear there is often a system event (like disk access etc). That seems to indicate there is a hardware related element. In two occasions I have seen it solved by different sound drivers (often DELETING the special driver and let Windows handle it). In other occasions checking the BIOS for weird settings (like activated devices that you don't use, RAID controllers etc) helped.

From our side you should not expect a lot, there simply is nothing to change.

Interesting. It is indeed faint, but its there. And I have not found it to be there while flying the IAE version either, just the CFM. Only related to the Airbus it seems. Don't hear it outside of the sim, or with any other aircraft. So far just the A319 CFM in climb and cruise. I know Nvidia also installs an audio driver when it updates graphics drivers, so I will remove that and see if it changes anything.

Just made a quick experiment...

TSS-1A.wav and TSS-2A.wav  produce a clipping sound when looping them in a player. But TSS-1B and TSS-2B dont. So using the B file from Engine 2 for Engine 1 solved most of the problem for me  (for the moment at least)

The files seem identically apart from the clipping problem, so the final sound result in the sim seems identical to me (but of course I am not really sure about that)

So maybe those files need some cleaner processing for looping....

Some  other files also produce a slight clipping, but in those cases both sides do that, so they cant be exchanged.

best regards

Archived