excessive v/s rates, shortly after to

maxro

The a319 suddenly jumped up to 200 knots at take off, and it won't hold its speed and flies very quickly up...

Please login to display this image.

Could this maybe have been a sudden shift in winds?

The high rate of climb is caused by the overspeed, the Airbus pulls the nose up to reduce speed.

Hi, I don't think it's the winds, because on the ND I have ---/--- and it's been like that since t/o. 

I've noticed that I haven't 'given' control to the A319. It is now in managed mode, climbing at +1300. The thrust is also reduced a little.

Ah it's going to take time to learn the logic, coming from the Boeing 737/777. 

The ---/--- was exactly what confused me, your temprature indicates non standard values, so I do assume you have some kind of weather in use.

If that previously had a strong wind and then all of the sudden the wind vanishes this could cause the speed change.

Found it: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/351435-cancel-alpha-floor-toga-lk.html 

"Match the thrust levers to the current power setting (TOGA in this case), press the instinctive disconnect button (the red button on the thrust levers), bring the thrust levers back to the CLB detent, re-engage the autothrust using the button on the FCU. At the same time, reduce the attitude to less than A-prot." The red button doesn't work, but the button on the FCU works.

If you get into TOGA LK during takeoff you should review your rotation technique. A lot of simmers simply pull the stick all the way aft which is certainly not the right way to rotate. Try a nice rate of about 2.5° per second and you should get a good amount of excess speed to avoid getting even close to the low speed regime.

i see your V/S at +0. I stumbled upon this too. Usually (im not an airbus guy so excuse if im wrong) after all is configured it should go to the ---o(speed) / ---o (hdg) / alt(dot) / ---(vs) rule.

Press on the Alt-dial-knob so the dot appears above the dialed alt and the V/S indicator shows --- and not +0 and it goes to normal mode.

The TOGA LK you can clear by disabled AT and activate it again after. Happens after a stall usually.

1 minute ago, Senchay said:

i see your V/S at +0. I stumbled upon this too. Usually (im not an airbus guy so excuse if im wrong) after all is configured it should go to the ---o ---o alt(dot) --- rule.

Press on the Alt-dial-knob so the dot appears above the dialed alt and it goes to normal mode.

The TOGA LK you can clear by disabled AT and activate it again after. Happens after a stall usually.

Best is to forget about what the FCU indicates, but simply to look at the FMA: The FMA is the ONLY reliable source of which modes the aircraft is actually in. Over there you can see that in the above picture there is no vertical mode active at all. Engaging one would probably have solved the whole issue before it really appeared already.

it happens on ground already. After config, on departure it shows +0 and gave me the exact same behavior as he told. The plane goesinto stall, starts toga lk etc

Push the ALT knob and check the FMA, it would indicate an armed mode there.

Also check the FMA's during takeoff. Normally a blank mode should never happen, but it it does then you need to do what a real pilot would do: Make an input to get the aircraft back under control. Such as engaging CLB mode manually.

10 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you get into TOGA LK during takeoff you should review your rotation technique. A lot of simmers simply pull the stick all the way aft which is certainly not the right way to rotate. Try a nice rate of about 2.5° per second and you should get a good amount of excess speed to avoid getting even close to the low speed regime.

Thanks, will try that. 

Hi Emanuel,

same happend to me. Takeoff Speed was set and at about 120kn the aircraft suddenly from one moment to the other had 320kn and was climbing about 5000 pm. I did nothing just like I did more than hundreds times before...???

Next thing is, that the Airbus has no reaction to the trim. I´m using FSUIPC and Saitek yoke. so I set the trim to the toggle and programmed it in FSUIPC. everytime I´m using the trim I can see that the trim wheel wants to move, but it don´t move just like it is blocked. What can it be?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Greets Bob

Hi Bob,

do you own an addon like AccuFeel from A2A Simulations? We saw issues in the past where this addon could have such immediate and sudden effects on your speed for no apparent reason.

Please disable it when flying with the Airbus.

Hi Emanuel,

negativ, I don´t own and don´t use anything from A2A. My aircrafts are PMDG 737-747, FSLabs 320/319 and your beyond the P3D System-aircraft.

Greets

Bob

Sure, let´s have a look...

I use Chaseplane, FSUIPC, I have installed GSX but use it very seldom because I dont like it... I also have Active sky2016  (was disabled as that happend) and have several addon-scenery.

The Airport where that happend was KPVS, the system-starting-Airport of P3D - I use it as Test-Flight-Airport. By the way: the FMC say that this airort is not in database? Maybe my filter in the config?

That´s all I have in use.

Thanks.

Bob

Emanuel,

I tried it once again and this time the Speed and climbrate was okay... what is left is the Problem with the blocked trim... have you any idea?

Greets

10 hours ago, maxro said:

Thanks, will try that. 

Just had a successful takeoff with the smooth rotating technique - no TOGA LK. Thanks

2 hours ago, lacsa01 said:

Next thing is, that the Airbus has no reaction to the trim.

You shouldn't need to trim once airborne, the Airbus autotrims, it's part of the fly-by-wire system. In simplified terms, point the nose where you want it, release the sidestick and it will hold that attitude in the short term and adjust trim to suit.

Archived