Airbus professional & ActiveSky?

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft,

Just did my inauguration flight from EDHI to EDDS with the Eurowings A319. During the flight some crazy jumping of the plane occurred. I remembered from the past to disable 'enhanced turbulence' and set the turbulence scaler to '30' in Active Sky. But this did not fix it :(

Anyone from the beta team who is using ActiveSky together with the Airbus??

Active Sky has a setting for "realistic thunderstorm up and downdraft", is this maybe turned ON and you flew through a thunderstorm cell (or a place where ASP4 thought there is a thunderstorm cell)?

From "normal" flying with ASP4 I do not notice any such issues.

I experienced the same phenomenon and I was actually passing by a thunderstorm cell. The effect was quite strong but very brief and not very unlike experiences I have made as a pale passenger in the back of some RL-flight. 

Check the frame rates you're getting when/if this occurs... if lower than 18fps then you'll see things like this occur. The frames can drop on some systems (older, not the best settings, etc.) when you're close to heavy weather.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Active Sky has a setting for "realistic thunderstorm up and downdraft", is this maybe turned ON and you flew through a thunderstorm cell (or a place where ASP4 thought there is a thunderstorm cell)?

From "normal" flying with ASP4 I do not notice any such issues.

Hi Emi, just disabled this and seems a bit better now, but not entirely solved...

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Check the frame rates you're getting when/if this occurs... if lower than 18fps then you'll see things like this occur. The frames can drop on some systems (older, not the best settings, etc.) when you're close to heavy weather.

Thanks Dave, have watched the FPS, and it seems to be stuttering but FPS are fine (I have an i4790K @4.6 Ghz, 16 GB RAM and Geforce 1080ti with 11 GB)...

3 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Hi Emi, just disabled this and seems a bit better now, but not entirely solved...

Could you post screenshots of all the different turbulence settings in Active Sky?
In general, try to set them down to below 30% and you should be good to go.

37 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Could you post screenshots of all the different turbulence settings in Active Sky?
In general, try to set them down to below 30% and you should be good to go.

I have adjusted the following settings other than default (is better than showing 10 screens) :)

[] off

[v] on

General options

- Prevent downloads on approach [v]

Cloud options

- Minimum cloud draw distance [90]

- Maximum cloud draw distance [90]

Wind options and effects

- Turbulence effect scale [30]

- Enhance turbulence []

- Force ATC wind lock [v]

- Realistic thunderstorm up and downcraft rate []

There are stutters involved when the plane is acting that way. Without ASN I experienced the same but less intens. Some other things to think about? In the configurator I also disabled ECAM software rendering and the webserver. My frames are running unlimited (no frame locker).

I am getting a litte desperate now :(

I have tried:

- Reinstalling my Nvidia drivers

- Lowered settings

- Enabled cap on SimConnect updates of GSX

- Recreated Prepar3D.cfg

The Airbus is very smooth, but suddenly it starts acting crazy, and I see a huge FPS drop. Cloudy, not cloudy, when receiving ATC instructions for approach... Any further hints would be largely appreciated!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guys, AS for P3Dv4 currently is only available for 4.2 . The 4.3 version is still in Beta and you use it in your own risk as the developer clearly states. So IMHO it makes no sense to report problems in combination with a Beta.

if you experince the same problem without ActiveSky it can be discussed, but not with a Beta.

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Guys, AS for P3Dv4 currently is only available for 4.2 . The 4.3 version is still in Beta and you use it in your own risk as the developer clearly states. So IMHO it makes no sense to report problems in combination with a Beta.

if you experince the same problem without ActiveSky it can be discussed, but not with a Beta.

Yes, I know, and therefore I have already tried some flights without AS as well. Unfortunately seeing the same issue... Sudden FPS drop with crazy airplane behaviour...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok Erik, I close this topic as we decided not to discuss problems in combination with another beta product. When you say it still occurs without AS active I kindly ask to open a new topic and explain in detail when/under which circumstances it happens, so we might be able to recreate it. Thanks for your understanding. ;)

Archived