Just had a crash

DarrianCZE

Hi,

I would like to report a CTD I got with my first flight of the Bus. It happened during the cruise level from Prague to Bratislava.

It's in Czech, but I believe you will get the info needed.

Název chybující aplikace: Prepar3D.exe, verze: 4.3.29.25520, časové razítko: 0x5b2c3263
Název chybujícího modulu: api.dll, verze: 4.3.29.25520, časové razítko: 0x5b2c32fc
Kód výjimky: 0xc0000005
Posun chyby: 0x0000000000015591
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x2aac
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d41a0596455c04
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
ID zprávy: 556d0754-d371-4797-8ae1-dccb1c515849
Úplný název chybujícího balíčku: 
ID aplikace související s chybujícím balíčkem: 

Never had this crash before. My sim config hadn't changed shortly before installing the Bus, so I believe it was caused by it. I have loaded from FSUIPC autosave, so no that big of a deal, but I thought that something like this would deserve to at least report :-)

Hi,

an API.dll crash could be a lot of different things, I frequently get them even with all kind of different airplane addons, be it PMDG, QualityWings or our own Airbus.

Most of them also happened during cruise flight.

Could you give us a complete list of addons you have installed?

Edit: Obviously I'm not saying this could not be caused by our Airbus, I myself see it because of different reasons though.

I don't have them very often. To be honest, I didn't have them for a very long time. So I am fairly sure that it was caused by the AS Airbus.

However, addons which were being used during the flight:

FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC Europe

Active Sky for P3D v4 + ASCA

Envtex

Tomatoshade

FSRealTime

FSDT GSX

Aerosoft Mega Airport Prague

Taxi2Gate Bratislava

• Aerosoft

of course it is possible it is cause by our add-on, but your report does not contain anything that leads us to that conclusion. And of course we got a few thousand customers that do NOT have the crash you have and that seems to suggest it is not our add-on.

I had a crash myself on my second flight in the A319. I was selecting an arrival runway in the MCDU when it froze on me and P3D stopped responding. Mine was not the same DLL. I will keep an eye out. Can't remember the last time I had a P3Dv4 crash. Its been months. 

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

I had a crash myself on my second flight in the A319. I was selecting an arrival runway in the MCDU when it froze on me and P3D stopped responding. Mine was not the same DLL. I will keep an eye out. Can't remember the last time I had a P3Dv4 crash. Its been months. 

If you are able to recreate that one please open a new topic for it as it seems to be a whole different thing than the crash reported in this topic.

17 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

If you are able to recreate that one please open a new topic for it as it seems to be a whole different thing than the crash reported in this topic.

Will do if it happens again. 

5 hours ago, DarrianCZE said:

Tomatoshade

FSRealTime

FSDT GSX

These three add-ons -- you have to keep an eye on.

I would start by disabling Tomatoshade, and switch back to default shaders, and try to repeat conditions that led to the crash.   In fact, I would run the default shaders for a couple of weeks -- which will allow you to get a large body of flights in, to see if you get any new crashes.

I had a CTD V 4.3 today in the A319 but nothing showed up in event viewer. P3D shut down and that could be caused by anything. I haven’t had a crash in quite awhile with Prepared practically months. If it happens again I’ll try to get as much info as I can hopefully event viewer will give me info. My MCDU froze up as well and I had to restart the sim but that’s a different issue and topic.

Archived