How do new versions of SimStarterNG get to other retailers?

Ray Proudfoot

Although I now have the latest version of SimStarterNG I would like to know how other retailers get the update.

Logically, the author of SimStarterNG will notify all retailers (including Aerosoft of course) that a new version is available. Those retailers will then update their database and send out a notification to customers where necessary. Is that how it works?

There is considerable frustration over at AvSim Hanger sub-forum about the failure of PC Aviator (US) to respond to customer requests for the latest version of software available. They still have not updated SimStarterNG. PC Aviator (Aus) have now responded saying they will contact PCA (US).

Could either the author of SimStarterNG or Aerosoft staff please explain how the process works?

Thanks Mathijs, That sounds the logical way to do it. You will have more success with PC Aviator Australia who did reply to the topic on AvSim and said he would send a message to PC Aviator USA.

They're letting themselves down badly by not replying to messages.

An update to my earlier post. I checked again today and PC Aviator (US) have still not updated their version of SimStarterNG to v1.8.

I sent a message to them again today and still no reply to that or the ones sent a few weeks ago. They seem completely oblivious to customer concerns. :rolleyes:

Archived