SEAHAWK & JAYHAWK X gauges problem

hoopla

I purchased the SEAHAWK & JAYHAWK X from Simmarket. The only gauges that show in VC or 2d cockpit are the analog ones in the middle. The panel folder has three gauges (avionicsswitch, analog winrar, and seahawk). The panel config shows many other gauges are needed. Are these other gauges coded into the 8.64 MB seahawk gauge?

I did a search through all of the other folders and could not find any other Seahawk gauges. I tried every switch and button I could see on the PFDs to try and activate them but nothing works.

Hoopla,

After you installed the product and then started FSX and chose one of the Hawk variants did you get a screen that asked you if you would like to "trust" or "run" the software from Aerosoft?

If it did ask you did you say Yes?

Yes, I got the message and approved "run" after I installed the product and started FSX. If I remember correctly, it prompted me 2 or 3 times for the gauges I mentioned before.

The aircraft loads with engines running. When I place the curser over the knob in the upper left corner of the PFD (day/night knob) the curser changes but the knob does not move. I can post a screenshot later but all it will show is the panel bitmap with blank PFD...an essentially dark dead cockpit.

I even copied the gauges to the FSX gauges folder but no joy.

I am running XP SP2 and FSX SP1.

No gauges in 2D either. Basically, I just want to confirm the type/number of gauges that are supposed to be in my panel folder. As I said, I have 3 (avionicsswitch.gau, seahawk.gau and

analog). Are these the correct gauges? If not, the installer messed up.

If they are correct, then I am doing something wrong. Probably something obvious and simple.

I just need to think it through.

• 3 years later...

Was this resolved because I am having a gauge issue also. The CRT in front of the pilot does not work, no working artificial horizon or any other readout. When I first load the aircraft, the CRT has three bright red verical lines on the left side that go away when I press DCLT but nothing works after that either.

Thanks for your help,

LouP

OK I have more information now that I tried a few things out. I loaded one of the Seahawk flights and the gauge was there and working. I tried to move to a few other airports once the gauge was working and it worked fine on the first move but when I tried to go to a third airport the gauge was not working again. Does thie mean that I have to start using the aircraft by loading one of the supplied flights and then can only move to one other airport after that?

BTW, I liked the way she flew when everything was woring OK.

Thanks,

LouP