Release: Seahawk & Jayhawk X

• Aerosoft

Product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/sea...wkjayhawkx.html

The Seahawk received all (!) prices for Flight Simulator helicopter we know about and it did get some of the most favorable reviews we have ever seen. So it was logical to move this product to FSX. As always we done so with care so all the new features of FSX are being used. We also combined both the Seahawks & Boxer and the Coast Guard version and added 4 more highly detailed ships. To make it easy for you we also created a tool that allows you to use Google Earth (!) to place the ships in any location you like.

Full FSX standard

All the aircraft files have been reworked to be fully FSX standard this not a simple port from FS2004! Includes all the latest FSX goodies.

o Bump maps (this adds a 3d effect to a simple 2d texture, for example to show edges on hatches and rivets),

o Specular lighting maps (making reflections more realistic),

o Self-shading (aircrafts parts cast shades on other aircraft parts),

o All textures in DDS format (faster decompressing if your graphics card supports it),

o Fall back textures (all models share some textures, saving you disk space and loading time when you switch models),

o Prepared for DX10 graphics cards.

All models and variations

There are seven different models available, not only the different Seahawk models used by the US Navy, but also the export models (Japan, Greece and Spain) are included. The Coast Guard model (Jayhawk) is also included. Fifteen liveries and a paint kit are available.

Very accurate flight model

The flight model is highly accurate and has been flown by many actual Seahawk pilots over the last 2 years.

Stability Augmentation System

The advanced Stability Augmentation System (SAS) is very accurate. Not only will it stabilize your flight, it also includes a highly realistic Hover and Hover Depart mode. Unlike other FS helicopters that 'force' the location using FSUIPC or SimConnect, this system uses sensors to find the location of the helicopter and will use the standard controls to maintain a hover or move the helicopter in any direction.

Automated Flight Control System

The AFCS is able to read standard flight plans and have the Seahawk fly them fully automated. Your route is shown on the Navigation Display. Distance and time to fly for each waypoint is also available.

Three complete documented training flights

o Systems and Automated Flight Control Systems; learn to setup all systems and start the helicopter. After take-off you will head to a training area to experiment with the navigation system. You will also learn how to fly the helicopter fully automated in terrain following mode.

o Advanced navigation; learn how to have the helicopter fly a route automatically and do a low visibility ILS landing.

o Zero visibility manual hover; learn to hover the helicopter in a fixed location without ANY visibility (no other helicopter in FS can do this)

Six ships included

There are 6 ships included that can be placed in any location using the Shipyard 2 tool.

o Coast Guard Marine Security Cutter, Large. Very modern off-shore interdiction cutter

o CG-50 (Valley Forge). Old style destroyer used to protect carrier groups.

o LCS-1 (USS Freedom). Low visibility stealth ship of the latest design.

o X-Craft (Sea Fighter). Experimental Special Operation and Patrol Operation ship.

o LHD-4 (Boxer). Large amphibious carrier designed to land and support 2000 marines.

o F-222 (Augsburg). Modern German air defense ship.

Shipyard2

This tool allows you to select a location for the ships in Google Earth and convert the resulting files into real FSX scenery. Very easy, very advanced and a lot of fun to use. Needs a Deluxe version of FSX!

021.jpg

035.jpg

024.jpg

029.jpg

002.jpg

010.jpg

016.jpg

037.jpg

005.jpg

• Aerosoft
I see there is a discount for owners of Seahawk and Boxer. Any such discount for owners of the Coast Guard: Serve and Protect product?

Many thanks

Not at this moment. The Coast Guard was already a highly discounted version and from some users (non EEC) it would mean it would be cheaper to buy the coastguard version and the update now than it would be to buy the full version. It was an item for discussion in our office, but we decided not to do it.

Great news! Thank you!! I´ve been waiting for a good chopper for FSX!! I´m really looking forward to fly this bird!

Only two things make me :(

1.) I´ll have NO time until Monday evening

2.) I´ve lost my Seahawk incl. serial with my last HDD crash last year.

Great job guys!

• Aerosoft
Great news! Thank you!! I´ve been waiting for a good chopper for FSX!! I´m really looking forward to fly this bird!

Only two things make me :(

1.) I´ll have NO time until Monday evening

2.) I´ve lost my Seahawk incl. serial with my last HDD crash last year.

Great job guys!

1. tough luck!

2. write to info@aerosoft-shop.com and we'll sort it out. We are here to sort out problems like that.

Thank Yoy very much for this great addon but,

I can´t land on the ships, The helicopter simply crash..

If I disable Crash detection, I simply fall through the deck!

Wothan

HI, Mathijs -

Downloaded the new Seahawk tonight, but I had to get my serial number from my FS2004 edition. However, that was made harder by the fact that I couldn't remember my password to my account, so it had to be reset.

The new password was sent to me..... RukYu . LOL! Do you suppose someone was trying to tell me something? Oh, yes I did change the password once I got in.!!

Later...

• Aerosoft
Thank Yoy very much for this great addon but,

I can´t land on the ships, The helicopter simply crash..

If I disable Crash detection, I simply fall through the deck!

Wothan

Wohtan what ship is that? I know some conditions that could happen and we are looking for a way to harden decks under those conditions.

I tried both the LHD4 and the ship that lays at Cape Canaveral.

I´m not even touching the ship before I crash.

I have no problem landing on the frigate that comes with Helgoland X

I also tried to place a LHD4 at Anchorage with the shipyard tool, with the same result.

Are You sure that the generated scenery files should be placed in the simobjectsboatsscenery folder and not in the addon scenery folder?

And I think that it should be possible to land on those ships with crash detection enabled.

Wothan

• Aerosoft
I tried both the LHD4 and the ship that lays at Cape Canaveral.

I´m not even touching the ship before I crash.

I have no problem landing on the frigate that comes with Helgoland X

I also tried to place a LHD4 at Anchorage with the shipyard tool, with the same result.

Are You sure that the generated scenery files should be placed in the simobjectsboatsscenery folder and not in the addon scenery folder?

And I think that it should be possible to land on those ships with crash detection enabled.

Wothan

Okay, I'll check on that this weekend, I have not seen any problems with the LHD so far, but as said it was a a tricky bit of scenery. Could you confirm you can land on the Xcraft (that one has the hardest deck).

And the bgls needs to be in the folder as we advise.

I will try the Xcraft right now, but the problem is not that I am sinking through the deck. It is simply that Flight simulator detects that I have crashed into a object.

And as I wrote it also happened with the Coast Guard Cutter outside Cape Canaveral.

Wothan

I just tried the Xcraft outside Miami.

With Crash detection enabled, the helicopter crashes appr. 30-50 ft above the ship.

With Crash detection disabled, I could land on the ship.

And both the Coast Guard cutter and the LHD4 is NOT landable.

But I still think it should be possible to land with crash detection enabled, since it´s possible on the German frigate that sails around Helgoland X.

Wothan

yes i have the same problem,

i have place ship close to PHNL Hawaii and i cannot land on it (LHD4) with crash detection off i go right through the ship,

with crash detection on i crash before i even get 15 to 20 feet close to the ship :(

i have not tried any of the other ships, will report as i do,

im having another issue to i dont know if its my install or what the deal is, maybe you could see if you have the same thing wothanfja16?

see screen shot there is a vertical red bar on the mfd unit?

th_redbarvc.jpg

but I know you guys will get it fixed soon 8)

the seahawk and jayhawk are superb btw and i really like them big step from the ported versions i was using before,

where do i find this "known issues document" ?

if you are referring to the manual i have read thru it 2 times now and have not seen anything about the red bar

anyways i figured it out for myself, lol no thanks to you

and since Wothan doesnt like helping people :twisted:, anyone else having this issue just simply cycle through the views and eventually go back to VC the red bar will be gone,

cheers :D

Sorry I thought I was trying to help You FSXFAN, but nice You figured it out Yourself :roll: :oops: .

Unfortunatly, I didn´t read it in the documents, but in this forum.

But to help others, find where I found it mentioned, here it goes:

A couple of posts further below the Sticky threads there is a thread named "Seahawk and Jayhawk known issues":

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...p;highlight=red

Hope others find it helpfull :wink: .

Wothan

1. tough luck!

2. write to info@aerosoft-shop.com and we'll sort it out. We are here to sort out problems like that.

Yeah! Really tough luck! But I could manage to have ten minutes right now and made a quick flight over HelgolandX: GREAT!!! I really love this bird!!

And thank you for your offer for help! But I had really much luck and found my Aerosoft product backup CD inside the US-FS9 metal box! So I had really much luck!

But now I´ve to hurry! I have to fly to LOWI tomorrow (VERY) early and there´s still a lot to do!

Thank you again!

Hi Mathijs,

Just a quick question before I buy...

I'm using the 'standard' version of FSX.

I know I can't use the shipyard tool, but will the ships be placed *somewhere* when I install the app?

It doesn't matter where, as long as I have them. :P

Thanks

Puppy

First Aerosoft a big thank you for a great product !

I am having problems with the airspeed strip guage which seems locked at 30 for some reason. The analogue airspeed guage to the left works well. Does anyone else see this?

Paul

First Aerosoft a big thank you for a great product !

I am having problems with the airspeed strip guage which seems locked at 30 for some reason. The analogue airspeed guage to the left works well. Does anyone else see this?

Paul

Hi

I am an owner of your Seahawk - Navy amphibious support product

(bought on march 14 2005 order number 1000013289)

When I try to buy the downloaded version of Seahawk & Jayhawk X

I fail to have the discount using my registration Key

Can you help me?

THIS BY FAR THE BEST HELICOPTER OUT ON THE MARKET FOR FLIGHTSIM. I SPEND MAJORTY OF MY TIME FLYING THIS AIRCRAFT IN FS9. NOW TO SEE IT IN FSX IS EVEN BETTER. I HOPE IN FUTURE UPDATES THAT MAYBE THE RESCUE HOIST WOULD REALY OPPERATE AND THAT THE MAD SONAR WOULD ACTUALY GO UP AND DOWN ON COMMAND , SO WE CAN SIMULATE SOME ASW. LIKE THE REAL NAVY HAWKS. BUT MY HATS OFF TO YOU GUYS, THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING AIRCRAFT.